Chapter 3

I will guide you away from your fears. With me, you shall escape from insecurity.

You will teach me all you love. The love of a friend can shatter the dark.

You may sit all alone. I may worry all the time. We are no different.

I will love you, too.

Testing. Testing. One. Two.

If you can hear me, I wouldn't know if you could. You speak so gently and are too afraid to voice just the simplest things. I know next to nothing about you.

He is lying on the floor of his room.

I don't believe.

A soft knock at the door stirs him from his concentration.

"I'm heading out for a bit. If you need anything, call."

He nods slightly at the routinely conversation.

It seems to him that life is forever stuck. Birth. Death. Whatever happens in between that is up for debate.

He lies back down and cushions his head with his hands.

You are nonexistent. You are a hoax. I'm not you.

A tear slips out from the corner of his eye. He  had forgotten that he was crying earlier. He and his mother were on shaky terms since the start of his middle school career. He was in the tenth grade.

I hate you.

Every turn there was something to upset her. 'Get better grades, Philip.' He started resenting her. 'Stop embarrassing me. You can't even do that much?'

I detest your existence.

'Maybe try a bit harder next time? Obviously you didn't do anything.'

I can't believe-

'You are such a disappointment.' 'Maybe I should've gotten an abortion.' 'I hate you!'

-you let her live.

'I never should've taken you from your father.'

If there was a God, you would've killed her before I was born.

'I'm glad that I only have to see you on the weekends. I would start drinking again if I had to see you everyday.'

You screwed up on my mom.

She should be dead.

Why don't you kill her?

The doorbell rang.

He went downstairs and opened the door.

"Oh you're back-"

A tall man dressed in a hoodie, khaki cargo shorts, and a red baseball cap stood in the doorway. He had a bit of stubble on his chin and a tired look in his eyes. They were glazed over in confusion and what looked to be disbelief.

"You know? You bother me kid. Where's your mother?"

"She's out for a bit?"

"Your father? Someone needs to know what a little snot you've been."

"No one's here. What's your problem? I don't even know you."

The man livened up as soon as the boy announced the absence of his parents.

He shoved his way into the house and closed the door. "I will wait for your parents to come home then."

"No way! Get out you psychotic-"

The man kneed the boy in the stomach and kicked him down. He kept kicking and kicking and kicking. He never stopped inflicting pain upon the boy.

I guess you do exist.

The man had wiped the blood off his shoe, ten minutes later, from bashing in the boy's teeth.

The mother came home humming a cheerful tune and paid the man in her home. He left with a smile and thanked her for the cash.

"God? Where would I be without you?" she chuckled to herself.

The woman packed her things and left before nightfall.

She still has not been discovered for the paid murder of her son. Her last known sighting was in Kansas City, Missouri where she had purchased a pack of cigarettes and a bottle of wine.

Hope you enjoyed my weird side... :)

There are many sides of a shape and even more to a 3D object.

P.S. Not a real story. My imagination just loves this kind of stuff.