5 - Past Sins

Time-skip about 3 days

Vechs still hasn't come back, but it's usual for him to disappear for a couple days at a time, so no one suspects anything yet. Etho has finally calmed down, his magic returning to normal. The B-team are planning something sinister. (like always) And Pyro and Zisteau are standing in front of a nether fortress, getting ready to go in.

(Pyro's POV)

The sound of blazes echoed from inside the fortress. Herrrrk! "Ghast!" Yelled Zisteau. He grabbed an arrow from his inventory bag and drew back his bow. Hit hit the ghast and stuck in it's side. Heeeeeeekkk! Zisteau drew his bow back again as the ghast shot a fireball at us. HERRRRRRRRRKKKK!!! I stood there, amazed. "Pyro! Get out of the way!" Zisteau pushed me out of the way. The fireball hit the ground in a fiery explosion. "Be more careful."

(Etho's POV)

Why didn't I listen to Vechs...

"You ok?" Guude....

"..."

~Flashback~

(3rd person)

Two boys walked though a trashed ally late at night. One was pulling a small, rusted wagon. He had frizzy gray hair, going out in all detections. He wore a dark colored mask and a headband with and odd symbol. (the mindcrack logo) The other had black bat wings, though they looked tattered and unusable, and was wearing a red miner's helmet and an empty tool belt. He was clearly at least 4 years older than the other boy. They were picking up anything worth even the slightest bit of money and putting it in the wagon. "Vechs? When are we going home?" Asked the younger one, pulling down his mask.

"When we have enough to get some weapons." Vechs responded. The younger one sighed sadly and leaned to pick up a small piece of metal and placed it in the wagon. He then looked up at the moon and pushed his hair out of his eyes.

"we'll be fine...I hope..." He whispered

"Hu?" Asked Vechs

"Nothing..." The other boy muttered back. As he went back to collecting things.

Time skip within flashback, about an hour has passed

It was raining "Vechs!" Shouted the younger boy, "Vechs!"

"What is it Etho? You alright?" Vechs asked, peaking his head around the ally wall.

"Vechs! Look!" Etho pointed to a pillar of white steam forming in the sky.

"Smoke? Is there a fire? We better get out of here!"

"No! It's steam!"

"Steam? What?"

"Come on!" Etho started running towards the steam, the wagon bouncing behind him.

"Etho!" Vechs ran after him.

Time Skipie that's totally unneeded

Etho turned into an alleyway and instantly spotted where the steam was coming from. "VECHS!" He screamed. For what the steam was coming from was a another boy, even younger than Etho. He was unconscious, lying sprawled out on the ground. "VECHS!!!" Etho screamed, ever louder.

"What, is, it,? Vechs panted skidding into the ally, panting for breath.

"..."

"Let's go, leave him."

"no."

"What?"

"No."

"Just leave him, we have no reason to do anything else."

"I. Said. NO!" Etho stomped his foot and the rain froze in place- in mid air. But it wasn't ice. It was still water.

~End Flashback~

(A/N extra points if you know what I'm referencing with the name of this chapter!)