Episode 7

Jidwi sighed as Raina left the room to fetch some more ink. He had hoped to see the word 'King' immediately. While pacing, he noticed a bag, probably belonging to Raina. Wondering what the resident physician of Hwarangdo had in her bag, he riffled through its contents and came across a notebook. Flipping through the pages, his eyes widened as he came upon a particular page. Barely able to believe it, Jidwi fished a book out of the inside of his robes. Comparing the symbols on both books, he was in shock. The symbol of the Lustful Student which was inscribed on Raina's notebook was exactly similar to the one that the Lustful Student had signed her book with, the book that he carried around with him.

Just then Raina entered the room. Placing the ink on the table, she knelt down and picked up her belongings which were on the floor and put them in her bag. Standing up she remarked, "You could have picked them up if they fell, you know."

Jidwi had walked front so now, he was right behind her. When she turned around she was met with his towering figure causing her to take a few steps back in surprise and hit the wall.

"Are you the Lustful Student?" Jidwi asked, quietly. Ignoring her widened eyes, he pointed at the two identical symbols before placing them on the table and taking a step forward.

"TELL ME! Are you the Lustful Student?" he asked desperately.

"So what if I am? What are you going to do?" As she retorted, Jidwi took another step forward, effectively cornering and trapping her. He couldn't wait anymore, The urge was over-powering his self-control and before he knew it, he was kissing her.

The kiss was desperate. It was needy yet at the same time, grateful, thankful. As he slid his arm around her waist, he didn't know how long they had been kissing. He then broke off the kiss, the need for air being too great. Breathing slightly faster than normal, he stared into Raina's chocolate eyes, leaning his forehead against hers, nose to nose. "Thank you." he uttered before attempting to kiss her again when they heard a noise caused by the unseen Seonu, who had witnessed the whole exchange from an adjoining room, his fists clenched in contained fury.

The noise caused Raina to snap back to her old-self. After ordering him to wait for Seonu and tell him that the tutoring session was over for the day, she left, leaving Jidwi staring after her in longing. His heart which had been aching with an irrepressible need had finally calmed down after he kissed her. He unconsciously smiled as he remembered the feeling of kissing her, one he was sure he'd never forget, before he was confronted by Seonu.

////////////////////////////

A couple of minutes after Raina had safely arrived at her quarters, the door opened and Seonu entered. "Jidwi told me that today's session was canceled. Are you all right?" he asked. "I'm fine." replied Raina. Seonu stared at her as she sat at the table before wiping her lips with his sleeve. "You had something there." he said. Raina smiled at him in thanks and bid him goodnight. After Seonu had left, Raina who was getting ready for bed, tried her best not to think of what had happened with Jidwi but failed abysmally. Her thoughts were muddled.

'Why the hell did he kiss me and then say thank you? What was the 'thank you' for? For being naive and gullible enough to think he actually liked me, stupid enough to let him kiss me?'

//////////////////////////////////

The next day, Raina was bustling around her room, tidying it up, focusing on not thinking of him when he walked with a cheerful and bright smile which for a second, dazzled Raina.

"Why are you here?' she asked, discreetly grabbing a acupuncture needle as she backed up so there was quite a bit of space between them. "To see you, of course."