Episode 10

Jidwi was scouring the grounds for Raina but even after a thorough search of the grounds, he hadn't once caught sight of her. Standing next to the tent where he had met with his mother, he was joined by Paoh who alerted him to his suspicions of Raina being kidnapped by the Queen's guard which correlated to when Jidiwi had seen the Commandant carrying a suspiciously large sack on his horse.  Jidwi took a step forward, about to storm to the place when he caught sight of a blue butterfly pin lying on the grass. Picking it up, he pocketed it and continued on his way to the Wolseong Palace, unheeding the words of his bodyguard. He was going to save Raina from his mother. He had to.

////////////////////

Raina was in the chambers of the Queen, a place she hadn't stepped foot in 12 years. Her face grim, she stared at the Queen who ordered the Commandant to kill her, ignoring all the things they had gone through. Raina couldn't believe that the Queen could forget their friendship in a minute but seeing the Commandant unsheathing his sword, she realised that this Queen Jisoo wasn't her Jisoo, the one she risked her life for. 

Without closing her eyes, Raina maintained her gaze with Jisoo even though her eyes were becoming blurry with tears, aware of the sword being raised and resigned to her fate when someone blocked the oncoming weapon with one of their own. Raina glanced up at Jidwi who looked thunderous and ordered the Commandant to kneel. 

"What do you think you're doing?" Jidwi seethed.

"I'm trying to protect you." The Queen replied. 

"This girl is one of my subjects and the sole citizen who can comfort the king of this nation so I will protect her."

Raina hardly took in his words, her mind was fixated on the memories she had shared with her Jisoo. She let herself be dragged out of the room by Jidwi and out of the palace. As they walked the empty streets lit with a couple of randomly placed lanterns, Raina was sucked back into a memory. 

"I'm Raina. What's your name?"

"My name's Jisoo"

"Catch me if you can."

"That's not fair Rai. You're faster than me."

"I'm not that fast, it's just that you are slow."

"Yah!"

"Why? Can't face the truth?"

"Just wait until I catch you."

Laughter rang out in the grassy field as the two girls played together, forgetting their ranks as they smiled at each other, a glint of joy in their eyes. 

(A/N. RAINA IS THE SAME AGE AS SEONU,JIWDI,BANRYU,YEOL,SUHO AND 1-2 YEARS OLDER THAN HANSUNG.)

Snapping out of her reminiscing, Raina stared at Jidwi as they slowly walked back to Hwarangdo.