chapter 5 - guilty

chapter 5 - guilty

cherrys pov

i'm a coward.

i wasn't sick.

i hadn't told anyone at school.

i didn't want to face them.

kerrys gonna get a surprise.

i feel guilty.

i can remember it all perfectly. running the thermometer under the hot water tap. messing up my hair. fake coughing. scrunching up tissues and throwing them everywhere. i had been up all night thinking about what to do and the dark under eye circles added to the effect.

i hadn't thought about what to do after kerry had left. mum came back and i told her i was feeling better and then she went to work.

as soon as i heard her get to the bottom of the stairs i sat up and brushed some tissues of my bed. i needed to make a decision before kerry got home.

in my head i could only see two options:

option 1. go back to school and regain my popularity by cutting off all connection to kerry.

option 2. forget my stupid popularity, i was only going to know the people at littlewood primary until leaving ceremony at the end of the year. kerry was my twin sister, she was my family, and i would always have her around, whether i liked it or not.

even as cherry reed, pretty, popular, rich girl, i would always choose option two.

i sat there, doing nothing and thinking about it for half an hour. i decided to do it, but i didn't know what to do, with all that had been going on, kerry probably wouldn't believe me. i needed to clean up my act. i took my little rubbish bin and cleaned up all the tissues.

i went into my huge en suite bathroom and took a shower. i washed my hair with coconut shampoo, instead of my usual cherry. i got out and changed into a light green sun dress and applied some concealor to my eyes.

i saw some more tissues on the floor so i kneeled down and started picking them up. i felt under the dresser to see if there was anything under there. my hands came across some paper and i pulled it out. it was just some random maths scribble on some scrap paper. before i threw it away i checked it incase it was something important. i was surprised by what it was.

Littlewood Annual Festival

i smiled, i had always gone to the festival with mum and dad.

know i know what i was going to do.

*****

kerry walked throught the front door and saw me waiting.

"hi kerry!" i exclaimed.

"um....hi" she replied awkwardly. "so.........."

i took a deep breath.

"look kerry, i didn't tell anyone at school about you because you were always better and i wanted to be popular and now that your back i feel really stupid because your day must have been terrible and i'm really really really sorry and i will sacrifice my popularity or anything else if it means we can be sisters again" i said in one breath.

kerry looked surprised.

she looked down at the ground. "cherry..... i don't know......" she stammered.

"look, look at this!" i said, handing her the flyer for the festival. she looked emotionless as her eyes scanned the paper.

"its tomorrow, we could go" i said hopefully.

she sighed.

"fine"

*****

hey everyone! this is the second to last chapter of little miss popular! sorry its short, the next one will be longer as it is the epilogue!

comment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vote!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!