Voices becoming one

Natalie's POV

" Ahhh!!!" I yelled softly, my mind scrambling to remember chords and lyrics. Jay looked at me and started laughing. I snapped my head at him, blushing. " What?!"

" You're cute when you're nervous!" he teased. " Chill, we're going to be great!" he smiled.

I sighed and smiled softly. " Right, are you ready?"

" Ready as I'll ever be! I haven't been in a Talent Show since forever, and I'm glad there's no dancing in this one!" he chuckled. I just smiled, and looked back at the stage.

" Looks like we're next." I stated, as the act on the stage was about to finish. In the back of my mind, I began to think what the crowd was going to do when I went up there. Would they boo me, or throw things at me? I thought.

" Nat, who cares what the others think." he whispered in my ear. I turned to him. How did he know what I was thinking? " It's quite obvious that you are worried what the others might think of us, but you got just ignore them and have fun!"

I nodded my head. " Right.."

" Next we have Natalie and Jay singing Favorite Song!"

" Here we go.." I sighed. Jay and I walked onto the stage, and a bright light seemed to blind us, but once my eyes adjusted I saw the crowd. " Are you ready?" I whispered to Jay.

He had the microphone in his hands, and nodded. I took a deep breathe and with the pick in my hand and the guitar plugged in. I begun the song.

Jay began the sing...~~My whole life I've wondered how this wanderin' heart could turn around. It's over now, yeah! Ima leave my selfish melodies, wanna be in your beautiful symphony! It's over now!~~

~~You sing to me and my heart comes to life! Beating for you, every time! ( It's beating, beating!) and now that I hear you, oh I love the way, your chords gets stuck in my mind!~~

~~Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stick with me all day long, and when I reach the end, I want to hear it again! Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stay with me all day long! And when I reach the end, oh, oh I want to hear it again!~~

I closed my eyes, and as the solo was about to end, it was my turn to sing. ~Well, your remix is so surprisin' like raindrops when the sun is shinin'! Its beautiful to me! Lord, you flip my words and change the tempo, and somehow you just make it simple! So, beautiful to see!~

We both began to sing...

~~~You sing to me and my heart comes to life! Beating for you, every time! ( It's beating, beating!) and now that I hear you, oh I love the way, your chords gets stuck in my mind!~~

~~Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stick with me all day long, and when I reach the end, I want to hear it again! Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stay with me all day long! And when I reach the end, oh, oh I want to hear it again!~~

~~I am a man in need, you are my remedy! I love the way that you sing through me, sing through me! Your soothing melodies, have got me listening! I can't wait to hear you sing through me, sing through me!~~

~I am a man in need, you are my remedy! I love the way that you sing through me, sing through me! Your soothing melodies, have got me listening! I can't wait to hear you sing through me, sing through me!~

~~Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stick with me all day long, and when I reach the end, I want to hear it again! Like a lyric to my favorite song, you stay with me all day long! And when I reach the end, oh, oh I want to hear it again!~~

The song finished....and for a moment the crowds was silent, but suddenly the crowd broke into a wave of cheering and yells of approval! I turned to Jay with wide eyes, and my heart seemed to leap out of my chest. " They liked us!" I breathed.

" Like us?! They love us!" Jay laughed, and came in to hug me. " That was awesome!! You were awesome!" he smiled. I blush a bit, but ended up smiling along with him.

" You were awesome too!" she smiled.

-------------------------------------

Later the night....

Me and Jay decided to walk the rest of the way home....I never felt so happy, happy that for once people didn't look at me and see a monster. " Hey, Jay.."

Jay, who was a few steps ahead of me, turned around. " Yeah?" he smiled.

I began to blush a bit.." Thank you....This wouldn't had happened if it wasn't for you!" I smiled. " I would had never had thought about doing the Talent Show, and I would had never have thought of any of that....So thank you! You really helped me out today, and...this whole time you were here.." I said, my eyes closed, and my face turning bright red. There was silence...I opened my eyes and looked at Jay, who looked at me with such wide eyes.

He just smiled, and tilted his head to the side. " Aww, Nat.." he walked over to me and wrapped his arms around my body, embracing me in a hug. " My heart may belong to someone else, but you...you are more to me. We are connected by heart, Natalie, you are my sister, and as your brother. I would never let anything happen to you." he smiled. Instantly, I let go of my fear, and allowed my jet black wings open up.

My eyes began to water, and closing my eyes, I begin to laugh. " You are quite amazing, Jay, you know that?"

Jay shrugged. " Well, I try to be!" he smiled.

That night was probably the best night I have had in a long time, and I knew that my secret was safe with him no matter what. It was that night though, that would I would smile...for whatever came after me next would change my whole life...

Dark eyes watched over Jay and I from the shadows of the desert, and they were coming closer to me, and I could feel the last of my soul being taken away from the darkness, if only Jay could take it back....