*5*

"Someday I am going to give that guy a piece of my mind..." I mutter and throw my black hair over my shoulder. "That stupid, cute, stuck-up, charming, jerk." I turn around a corner and come face to face with my step-father.

"Ah, Adelyn, how are you dear?" He asks and raises a brow at my disheveled shape.

"I am fine, thank you. Just going back to my room," I walk around him and continue on my way.

"Well that was rather rude, Adelyn." My mother scolds and takes me by the arm.

"Yes, but I'm just... I don't know." I shake my head and she smiles at me knowingly.

"Somebody has caught your eye, haven't they?" She giggles and tugs me to sit on the bench beside her.

"No, Mom, I'm just frazzled from these guys I'm meeting and the tournament coming up. I don't think I will find someone in the next thirteen days." I sigh and tug onto a lock of my black hair.

"That's alright, dear, in the Tournament some man will prove himself worthy of you!" She pats my head affectionately. "And then I'll have to start planning a wedding!" She claps in delight and rises. "Well, I'm off to the garden to meet your father!" She smooths down her baby pink dress and flounces away.

"Princess," I young man walks up to me and adjusts his glasses. "I'm Felix. I'm helping design the tournament, I was wondering if you would like to see some of the schematics for it?" I smile into his green eyes and nod.

"I would love that." I follow him down the hall and into one of our many conference rooms, he has a wall screen on and papers spread across the table.

"So, we are building a large arena in the plains to the north. It will be about three miles in diameter and will host all the games. During the Tournament, there will be a series of tasks one must do in each quarter of the Arena. The best part, is that with our technologies we can change the weather inside the Arena too because we control our weather here. Pretty neat, huh?" He grins shyly and lets me look through all his papers.

"So, do you know what each task will be?" I inquire.

"No, there is one person for each quarter designing the tasks. No one knows who they are except the King, that way no one can cheat." He holds out a piece of paper and shows me a weird looking radar. "I'm designing the weather, I work as a technician for the ship."

"Huh, well that's pretty cool. So, will there be snow? I've always wanted to see snow, but it would have to be too cold on the ship for that to happen." I pout and he quickly nods his head.

"Of course! I can do that!" He quick scribbles some notes and looks up at me expectantly.

"Oh, well I don't really have any other ideas. I think you'll do an excellent job." I smile affirmingly.

"Thank you, Princess. I'm so glad I could tell you a little about your Tournament." He grins and slides his glasses back up his nose. I grin back and wave goodbye.

"I'll see you around, Felix!" I call.