Chapter 10

-------------------------one week after E appeared-------------------------

Artemis pov

The hunt and I are walking through the bad part of Manhattan when a small scream rippled through my ears and I stop the hunt and I turn to see a little girl about seven years old running from a man. The girl has blonde hair that's tied into pigtails, tan skin, blue eyes, a small white dress, and is barefoot. The man was fat with little hair, a gray shirt that stunk of alcohol, black jeans, and flip flops.

He managed to grab the poor girls arm, "Your coming with me. No more running for you." He cackled and the girl struggles to get free. "Your not going anywhere. All you have to do is be a little slut and behave." He growls and in a blink of an eye black strings wrap around his wrists, ankles, shoulders, and neck. He gives a short scream as he's pulled into the shadows.

The girl falls back onto the sidewalk and stands almost intermediately. A figure exits the ally way the man got pulled into and the figure is wearing a dirty white sweatshirt, dirty and ripped jeans, and a pair off what looks like stolen blue sneakers. "P-pleases. D-don't hurt me!" The girl whimpers and the figure crouches down to her height.

The figure removes their hood to revel dark brown hair that had faded strains of colors that looks butchered as it reached her armpit, kinda tan skin, and blue-gray eyes. "Are you okay?" She asks with a pained but soft and sad expression on her dirt stained face. "H-he w-was going to-to hurt me ag-again." The little girl started crying. The older girl looked at her with not pity but with respect, fear, anger, and love.

"What's your name pumpkin?" She asks the young girl. "My ma-mamma loved the sun a lot s-so she decided to n-named m-me S-Sunny." The girl stutters. Sunny rubs her eyes and the girl pulls her into her arm. "It's ok pumpkin." The girl says. Sunny hugs the girl and the girl flinches in pain.

Sunny pulls away quickly, "I'm sorry!" She gasps with tears forming in her pretty blue eyes. "It's fine. Let me show you." The girl reassures Sunny and removes her sweatshirt to reveal a gray tank top. But what caught my eye was the magnificent sight on her back. Big beautiful wings.

The feathers were a mix of blue and black. (A/N: Pic of the color of the feathers at the bottom) 

 (A/N: Pic of the color of the feathers at the bottom) 

Sunny gasps and the girl smiles. "Would you like to touch them?" She asks Sunny who is starring at them with wide eyes. "Y-yes please." She shudders coming out of her shock and the girl chuckles before lowering a wing and grabbing a hold of Sunny's hand, she brings it up onto her wing.

Sunny giggles and brushes her hand along the rows of feathers. "Their really pretty." She giggles, the girl looks at her with a fondness that I would often look at my hunters with. The fondness of a sister. The girl plucks a feather off of the wing and removes Sunny's hand from her wing. 

The girl opens the small hand and places the beautiful feather in the palm. "Hold that for me for a second ok?" The girl says before taking Sunny's hair out of the cute pigtails there in. Her blonde hair falls to the center of her back. The girl places the feather in Sunny's hair before standing.

"Pumpkin, I'm gonna need you to close your eyes and get behind me ok?" The girl says with a sense of urgency and Sunny nods and rushes behind the girl. The man comes back out and I was terrified. The black strings made marks on his neck, shoulders, wrists, and ankles. Black veins appeared allover his neck and arms. He was crying black tears.

"You.Hurt.This.Child." The girl slates with gritted teeth. She was practically shaking with anger as she stood up straight, feet shoulder width apart, hands balled up into fists, and wings stretched out to a 20 foot wing spanned. "P-pleases." He starts to plea and she looks at him with cold, dead, and hating eyes. "H-have mercy!" He cries and she laughs a humorless laugh.

"Did you show this child mercy?" She states moving closer and brushes her thumb over the black tears. "Think a happy thought." The girl growls and black spikes impale the man and he disappears in a puddle of black liquid.

The girl turns around and picks Sunny up in her arms. The young girl looks at her with tears. "Thank you." She cries and the girl whispers to Sunny, "My name is E. I'm an author." 

I need to inform father about her.