nineteen

10 Months Later

Working on the set of Star Wars was a lot harder than I ever imagined. Everything from finishing shooting at 4 AM and getting up at 6, the meticulous attention to detail, and living in a trailer in Denmark has taken literally everything out of me. However, today is finally the last day of filming.

The stylist put my hair in space buns in honor of Carrie along with a Leia-inspired outfit. Everyone on this set had put unreal amounts of time and effort to make this a movie Carrie would be proud to be in. Mark and I were stood on the cliff from Episode XVII, our sabers in hand as we looked out into the never-ending horizon in the light of the Rebellion. Then, the sound of the last cut bell rang. We were finally done.

I wrapped my arms around Mark and thanked him for being my screen dad for these past 10 months. After giving each and every person on the cast and crew one last goodbye, we all gathered together in front of the camera once more.

"Eris why don't you say a few words before you leave?" JJ asked once he finished his speech. I smiled and stepped in front of the crowd, some people were crying and others were laughing and smiling.

"Star Wars has been a huge part of my life since I was 10 years old. Growing up, I wanted to be apart of this Rebellion and all of you made that happen. You guys made my dream come true. Carrie...she would be so proud of this film and she would be so proud of all the hard work and dedication you guys put in each and every day of this filming process. I want to thank my hair stylist and makeup artist for making me look less dead in the mornings. I want to thank Harrison, Mark, John, and Daisy for making the best squad in the entire galaxy. I want to thank JJ for even considering me to be Luke Skywalker's daughter. And lastly, I want to thank Carrie- who has inspired me since day one of my existence to never take anyone's bullshit and stay sassy no matter what. Even though she may not be here physically- she's always, 100% in here"

I closed the speech with my hand over my heart and looked up to the sky. Splashes of oranges and reds painted the sky above us, and somehow we all knew that Carrie was smiling.