twenty-five

"I, as your husband, promise to be your rock in any and every situation. I promise that I will always drive the speed limit on the highway because I know speeding makes you nervous, I will always rinse off my dishes before putting them in the sink, and most importantly- I will always make your coffee just the way you like it. Because that morning where you spent the night after our first date and came out wearing one of my shirts and flaunting your beautiful, untamed, curls with no make-up on- that's when I knew, you were the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with" 

Tears swelled up in my eyes as Eddie recited his vows, his large hands holding my delicate, sweating ones. The priest looked over at me and asked for my vows. 

"I, as your wife, promise to be your adventure, and you will be my compass always there to lead me back home. I will always be proud to call you my partner in crime, and I will always be thankful that you know the exact way I take my coffee. Eddie, you are the epitome of yellow and stardust in my life. You are the cotton white clouds on a spring day and the feeling of drinking a hot cup of tea on a fall evening. You are my everything, and I am so lucky to share this crazy adventure I call life with you" 

And we sealed it with a kiss.