5 Story's

~~~~~~~~ = means new story/paragraph/sentence.

~~~~~~~~

The smell weaved into my clothes as I stood aside the crackling fire.

~~~~~~~~

Suddenly, a side of the building crumbled to the floor like it had been stepped on, a huge wall of dust approaching us, engulfing everything it came across.

~~~~~~~~

A gun shot rang out hitting a near by person, the silence was unbearable, which was soon broken by a delayed scream and a pattering of feet, slowly decreasing as it got further and further away.

~~~~~~~~

My face prickling with the cold, fingers and toes numb unable to feel or cope with the pain any longer, I was dying slowly. Snow piled up against my body as I felt my eyes close, and fall into an endless sleep.

 Snow piled up against my body as I felt my eyes close, and fall into an endless sleep

~~~~~~~~

Slowly, I moved my head, up above the snow covered ground. Tufts of brown dying grass skattered  the waste lands, a chilling must settled around me freezing my muscles to my bones. I lower myself back down, so I  was safe and out of range of being shot.

Steadily, I moved my head to the left to look at my comrads shuffling around each other, trading their warmth whilst trying to get a few moments of prized sleep.

However, I was on duty along with my icecubed friend who shivered in fear and cold next to me, he was only 15, yet he was allowed in the front rows? I senced that he had turned his body to check on the enemy's.

Suddenly, I heard a gun shot, it ringed in my ears letting me know that who ever was shot was close by, I saw my friend slump down onto the floor, crimson blood dripping from his right eye, slowly making its way down his face and on to the muddied floor.

I shouted his name and fell to my knees cradling his head in my arms, I grabbed  my sleave with my opposite hand, ripped a piece off it and dabbed gently at his bloodied eye, I felt my heart strings tug as he let out a small whimper and a tear fell from his left eye and dripped on to my green uniform.

Slowly he took something from his pocket, pressed it against my chest and  spoke with a quivering voice "tell Madeline... I love her" and he was gone.