Chapter 6: Artemis

Terrified by Kara Dioguardi, Teenage Dream cover of Boyce Avenue, Now That I Found You by Allison Krauss, Fallin For You by Colbie Caillat, Marie Digby’s Say It Again, Enchanted by Talor Swift. This is it … — I give up. Isn’t there anything here on my playlist that isn’t connected with love?? I’m desperately finding a song that shall calm me before I go to mass.

It’s now 4 pm. 3 hours had passed since I left him. I tried busying myself doing other stuff  like reviewing for our Math quiz about Permutation, Combination and Conditional Probability, writing our term paper due two weeks from now and reading The Graveyard Book for fun but my mind kept on drifting away — away from my realm and towards his.

I keep replaying the moments I had with him and the band. His eyes were piercing dark brown. I could feel his gaze and it felt like he’s searching deep within my soul. He’s such a gentleman, even opened the car door for me. The rest of the ride I was partly reading The Graveyard Book and partly listening on their conversations. The way he shouted my name back in the lobby was exhilarating. I never thought he would be interested with me, compared to the number of pretty and gorgeous girls they encountered, I’m nothing but dust. But he even asked for my Twitter account, more so my phone number.

I know I had already decided to not involve myself with him but I could have been a little nicer. I gave off an aura that says talk to me or you’ll be dead. It sounded like a sarcastic remark when I thanked him for opening the door when in reality I was genuinely touched. I even had to excuse myself and make a pseudo-call just to lessen the surge of emotion.  He asked for my number and I just responded with a flat no. I could have escaped with a number of excuses or more reasonable responses like ‘I’m sorry but management refrains me to do so.’

I’m quite worried that I gave him a bad first impression of the Philippines, of the hotel… Okay, okay. I admit I’m disturbed as to how he thinks of me now given that I had been so terribly unsociable. You can’t quite blame me. My heart was busy pumping blood throughout my tensed body and my mind isn’t helping by sending a lot of signals and impulses that instead of helping me process the situation, only impeded my natural way of thinking. That’s my defensive side surfacing but still I can’t deny the fact that I met phantom guy and messed up

I checked my watch. It’s already 4:30, thirty minutes before the mass. I better get going. . I’m venturing into unknown grounds and I’m doubtful of the possible flow of events. In this time of uncertainty there is only but one way to see the light in the clouds, ask for His guidance. Let his love calm your soul. And so, Heavenly Father, if I see him again, I’ll give him a chance. For it is not my nor his will to let our fate cross, it is yours.

(I’m sorry for all the cliff-hangers. I’ll work out a decent chapter with the ‘kilig’/twitterpatting moments after I meet the demands of my academic life. Thank you everyone! From L)