Part 8: A white dress

"I know there's somewhere better 'cause you always take me there."- Take me Home, Jess Glynne

Following Andy's conversation with Chloe on the phone, there were many moments where he'd see Rye alone and thinking about her. Each time, he thought about what she'd said. Then he thought about Rye and one thing he loved, organising. Knowing it would give him something to think about he suggested to Rye that instead of worrying about Chloe, he should plan something for her return. It seemed to work a little, although that may have been the hugs when the tears came.

So it was to great surprise, Chloe returned home for a week, having done the first month of the course, to find lying on her bed a box. It was a velvety purple, tied sharply with red ribbon and sat in place like it had always been there. Having dumped her bags she cautiously pulled the ribbon loose. She was almost in tears by what she found inside.
It was a white dress, knee length and flowing. It had a chiffon skirt and gathered at the waist under a brown belt. It was just beautiful to her, and it held memories. The dress and the matching silvery shoes that went with it, were the same ones she'd marvelled at on her last shopping trip with Rye before she left. Thinking she'd never get.
She took the dress out to try it on and found a slip of parchment paper fell out. It too was tied with red ribbon and as she undid it, her hands shook with anticipation.

My dearest Chloe,
On this Wednesday, 25th, you are invited to the most spectacular homecoming ball of the season with special guests Road Trip performing for us. You will be collected from your home as the clock strikes 7pm and will be taken to the most secret of locations. Your return time, will be of your choice.
It is hoped you will attend and will have the ball of your lifetime. See you on the 25th.

P.S.Wear the dress, I know you'll look gorgeous in it.

There were tears in her eyes as she read it, the one thing she'd always wanted was a ball, but she'd missed her prom. Now someone had organised her one, and there was no prizes for guessing who. And the white dress. It was all so perfect, the 25th couldn't come any quicker.

Rye too, wanted the 25th to come quicker. He'd spent so much time planning this for her, and they'd run a competition to invite some Roadies as well. It was going to perfect, and he'd get to spend it with that someone. Nothing could be more perfect.