Part 3: Love at first sight

"From the day that I met you, I knew that I would love you till the day I die." -Never Forget You, Zara Larsson

Rye and the boys were at Westfield, getting some shopping done and trying really hard not to get kicked out, well mostly. Obviously there was the odd bit of spontaneous shouting, but it's rude not to wish people a good day. What Rye didn't know was his day, and Chloe's day, were about to go crazy.
They were walking, past the row of clothes shops, heading to find somewhere to eat when she caught his eye. The group were hard to miss, a fairly large group and several of them had bright, vibrant t-shirts, generally making them hard to miss. But Chloe hid at the edge, she wore a plain black shirt, like she was just trying to blend in. That was what made Rye spot her. The boys kept walking, and Rye kept watching her over his shoulder.
Suddenly, there was what seemed like a stampede and a group of about 10 security guards came charging into view. The rest of Chloe's friends saw them coming, moving quickly out the way, but she was distracted and was sent tumbling to the floor when they pushed roughly past her.
Knowing he'd probably getting a ticking off from Blair for it later, but wanting to help the girl, as her friends seemed to have forgotten about her and walked on leaving her behind, Rye left the boys running back to help her.
"Hey, you okay?" He asked, putting an arm around her and gently helping her to her feet.
"Yeah, it's just shock, I'll be fine." She replied, although unconvincingly as her hand gripped her waste tightly like she was trying to remove some of the pain.
"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" Rye asked, completely taken in by her. She nodded.
"Well can I at least get your number, so you can ring me if you need someone." He asked, suddenly nervous. She smiled and they exchanged numbers, him inserting it simply as Rye. But she put her name in as 'the girl at the mall'.
She turned to leave, as Rye stared puzzled at his phone.
"The names Chloe, by the way." She said, and with that she was gone, back to her friends and, still bemused, Rye returned to the boys seeing the confusion rife on their faces too.