Sparks Fly

Rob performed a few songs, of course he did his hits, the ones that everybody knows. He performed: Just the Way You Are, Grenade, The Lazy Song, and his newest, It Will Rain. And he also did one more a newer song that no one really knew, except me. It was Runaway Baby.

Every now and then Rob would look me in the eyes. But he had to think that I shouldn't have distracted him. He had a performance he had to do.

Whenever he got to the chorus, I would lip sync. I knew the words to heart. I would never sing out loud though, I can't sing! The only time I ever sing is when I'm alone.

Once that beat started, I started moving and screaming! I was SO excited! My adrenaline was pumping! I mouthed the words, "You better run run runaway runaway baby. Before I put my spell on you! You better get get getaway getaway darling. Cause everything you heard was true! Your poor little heart will end up alone. Cause what knows I'm a rolling stone. So you better run run runaway runaway baby!"

Afterwards, once he finished the song, he jumped off the stage.And he kept his promise. And I'm gonna keep mine.  He grabbed a quick drink and he was heading over towards me with a drink in his hand for me.

"Hey pretty lady. You ready to give me that dance now?" Once he came over I just couldn't stop smiling! "Of course!" I smiled once again. He grabbed my hand and we headed over to the dance floor.

It was an upbeat song. Then my friends got on the stage and requested a slow song. Not only that but they put a spotlight on us! At this moment I didn't mind being center of attention being with Rob is all that matters.

"So Deni I want to get to know you. Tell me your story." "My story huh? Well what can I say. It's still unwritten." "Oh really? So kinda like a mystery?" "Yeah just like that." "Interesting! I like mysteries. I like you." I don't know if he meant he liked me as a friend or if he really liked me.

I hope the second options true! I knew sparks flied between us right away! Maybe it wasn't just me? Maybe he fell for it too! And all of a sudden. I was right! He leaned in and kissed me.