Chapter Eight: One Month later

Erin Chuckled as She pushed the cart into the store with Roxy Next to her. Erin and Roxy have grown close seeing as they're pasts are like. In one month, Roxy has not fully recovered from nightmares, self-harming, or getting her innocence taken, but they were closer. Roxy has grown close to all the people at District 21. Including Trudy Platt, the desk sergeant. Erin and Roxy are now in the mall, getting Roxy new clothes, stuff that they still need for her bedroom at Hank's House. Speaking of Hank, as of a couple days ago, Roxy is now adopted by Hank.

They walked into one of the stores. Roxy was looking at the posters on the rack while Erin waited and smiled at her. Erin took out her phone and took a picture of the happier teen. Roxy has started gaining more weight becoming healthier. "What about this one?" Roxy asked as she turned. Erin walked closer to Roxy and looked at it. "I Like it, You're really into these quotes huh?" Erin asks trying to get to know the teen in front of her better. "Yea" Roxy responded as she took out the poster roll from the bottom. "See any others?" Erin asks. "No" Roxy says as she turns around and walks away from the posters. Erin smiles and takes the cart and pushes it behind Roxy.

Suddenly there was three gun shots. Erin instinctively grabbed Roxy's Arm and pulled her close as she went behind an aisle. Erin quickly grabbed her gun from her holster. "Erin" Roxy whispered and grabbed onto the back of Erin's tough black leather jacket. "You're okay" Erin Whispered. Erin turned around and bent down to Roxy's Height. "Listen" Erin said as she ran the back of her hand on Roxy's Cheek. Erin took her phone out of her pocket and gave it to Roxy. "Call 911, do not move okay? I Will be back. No matter what you hear or anything you stay where you are understood? If you see someone or something scream and run towards those doors" Erin explained to the terrified teen and pointed to the exit. Roxy Nodded afraid. Roxy gripped the phone. "I Love you" Erin said quickly and embraced the teen. Roxy's fists fisted Erin's Leather jacket. "I love you too" Roxy Said to her adoptive big sister. Erin walked out from where Roxy and she stood. Roxy quickly dialed 911.