Chapter 4

"Well, geez. I'm sorry that I couldn't do what you wanted." Mother snaps.

Oh my god. She is not doing this again...

"Stop being so dramatic, dude." I say as we drive down the highway, slowly.

"EXCUSE ME?" She snaps quickly.

I was annoyed with everything, and I had enough.

"PULL OVER MOTHER." I say screaming in an obnoxious yet serious way.

She pulls over, confused.

I jump out the car, and with it being 34 degrees, I get goosebumps.

"GET BACK IN HERE!" She yelps. "Nope. Fuck you, mother." I say.

I start walking, and she pulls off the side off he road riding beside me yelling for me to "get my ass" back in.

I ignore her, and I guess she gets pissed off. She speeds off, honking the horn in an rude way. I see her car lights start to disappear, as I hear another car honking towards me.

I pray to God that it wouldn't be Kaitlyn. Surprisingly, it was Bradley and his brother.

They pull to the side of the road, rolling their tinted windows down, as I hear the music boom.

Teenage boys.

"Melody! Why are you out here walking? It's 34 degrees!" Bradley shouts to me.

Bradleys brother just watches the conversation, deciding to stay quiet.

I step closer to the car, answering them taking my time.

"Mom and I got into a fight, and I got out of the car and she drove off." I say hesitantly.

"No offense, but she's a bitch leaving her daughter here." Bradleys brother soon coughs up breaking his delightful silence.

My eyes shift to Bradley elbowing his brother in the chest, and I giggle a bit. "She really is." I say.

Bradley then breaks his awkward silence also, "his name is john."

He really does look like a john. "Hey, I'm Melody." I say. "Yeah! Bradley was talking about you half of the ride! He was the one that forced me to pull over!" John says.

I blush a bit. I can see Bradley blushing too, but then I can see his emotions mixing into anger, "shut up!" Bradley whines towards his brother.

Bradleys eyes then shift back to me, "soo, you need a ride?" He asks in a tone that sounds like he was hoping id say yes.

"Uh, you don't have to!" I blush.

"No, you'll freeze out here! Get in!" He commands.

I roll my eyes a bit in fright. I head towards the back seat, as I sit down and feel the warmth hit my face.

I shut the car door, feeling John riding off.

"So, where do you live, Melody?" Bradley asking, trying not to make it sound weird or perverted.

"Ohh, you can just drop me off at a hotel, I'm not staying with her, just not tonight." I exclaim.

"How old are you, Melody?!?!" John says in a questioning tone just blurting it out.

"I'm 17." I say. "Ohh, good! Bradley is 17!" John responds.

Bradley mouths to John, "shut the fuck up" as I blush at this. What? It's adorable.

"Soo, how old are you?" I ask. "Ohh, I'm 19." John answers back, looking at Bradley.

I can see the anger and jealousy in just the way Bradley is sitting, I try not to laugh.