10 Days Before

After 2 days of laying at this house with Harry in the kitchen most of the time, I decide it's time for me to go back to school. Not actual school, home school. I attend one class a week at the college though. The drafting and computer model design class. I've always wanted to be an architect.

I open my eyes at 6:45. The lecture starts at 8. I have an hour to get ready. I push out of bed and stalk to the kitchen and start the Keurig. The smell wakes up Harry you slowly awakens and gets off the couch to give me a hug. All this affection is more than usual from Harry. Even towards me, but I love it. It makes me forget the things that hurt me the most.

"Can you make me a bagel while I take a shower really quick?" I ask Harry. He looks at me confused for a second, still half asleep I'm sure, brings his eye brows together and nods his head. I smile weakly, forcing it because I know it makes him feel better.

---------------------------------------------

After I hear the water in the bathroom turn on, it hits me. I rush to the hallway to approve that she left the door open. I sigh in relief. I push a bagel into the toaster and take out the cream cheese.

I lean on the counter and turn on the television.

'In latest medical news, an epidemic of the Living Virus has started to cause panic in northern Mexico and southern Texas...'

"What's that?" I hear her ask from behind me. She's walking and massaging her scalp with a dry towel to get excess moisture out of her hair. "Some kind of virus that's like, killin people or some shit," I tell her. Emma gasps and covers her mouth.

Fuck. Good one, Harry. Real smooth.

"I didn't mean to..." I start. She's already starting to shake and her face is pale. I rush over to her. "Come on. Lets sit down. Here. Your bagel is almost done." I lead her to the table and she sits. I stick a glass of orange juice in front of her, I know it's her favorite. She hasn't cried yet... that's a good sign right?

I set the bagel in front of her she takes a drink of the juice. "Can I call my sister, please." she asks. "Of course you can. You don't have to ask." I tell her. She pulls out her phone and walks to the bedroom.

'Way to go, genius. That one was all you. Way to fuck things up.' my sub-conscience says to me. I bang my head on the wall three times.

Stupid.

Stupid.

Stupid.

---------------------------------------------

I dial my sister's number and I'm greeted with her voice mail. I lay down on the bed and hold a pillow close to me. I feel like crying. I want to, but I can't. There are no more tears that I can cry. No more energy.

I hear what sounds like someone knocking on the door. The beats are too slow though. I pull open the door and hurry up the hallway to see Harry hitting his head repeatedly against the wall.

I rush to him and grab his shoulders pulling him backwards away from himself. "Harry. Harry." I say wrapping my arms around his entire torso, pinning down his arms. He sighs and pulls up one of his hands to run through his thick, curly hair.

"I'm sorry." he says as he turns around and hugs me. The top of my head only reaches his shoulders. I feel overpowered, yet safe. He pulls away and looks down into my eyes. I smile a small smile. He grins.

His arms are wrapped around my waist and we are both standing here like idiots, smiling at one another. He presses his hand flat on my back and leans down. I inhale deeply. 'He's gonna kiss you.' my mind tells me. I push up on my toes. As our lips gets closer, a bang startles us from our world. It's a knock at the door.

---------------------------------------------

I finally have the courage. Now I know that she feel the same, I go in for a kiss. As soon as our lips are about to touch, a knock at the door startles us and she pulls away to answer it.

'Well screw me, huh?' I think. There goes my chance.

I follow Emma to the door and she pulls it open to reveal a strung-out, wide eyed, seething Erin Styles. Shit. Shit.

ShitShitShitShit.

He pushes his way into the door. "What the hell are you doing, Harry?" he demands as he gets dangerously close. I'm scared, terrified even. I don't show it, though. I take a deep breath breath and look into his eyes.

"I stayed the night over here." I say matter of factly. "No shit, Sherlock Holmes." he says angrily. He grabs my arm and pulls me out the door. I stare at Emma helplessly. Her eyes are wide and she's petrified. She keeps the door open and stares as my father drags me to the hell hole I'm supposed to refer to as 'Home'.