F I V E

Soo Emi

I step out of the building with my heart pouncing against my chest. My head and down to my neck felt hot with uneasiness. I try cooling down by fanning myself, but it didn't help one bit.

I totally messed up just now.

I'm done for.

Hoseok is going to tell my father.

If my father hears just one negative thing about me, he will take me out of this job in a second. I can't let that happen.

I don't even want to think about the things Hoseok could tell my father. Judging from how he treats me, it will be extra nasty.

My eyes land on a familiar man sitting at the fountain and relief clears my mind.

Clutching my bag, I run over . "Hey, Joon!"

"Oh! Hey, Emi!" He stands up and brushes off his ripped pants. "You surprised me."

"I'm sorry. Um, I didn't expect to see you here. You go on walks at night too?"

He stiffly nods his head. "Yes. I often go for late walks. It's a hobby of mine."

"That sounds relaxing."

"It is. So, how was your day today?" He asks.

I scoff, shaking my head. "Anything, but good."

"Is it that Hoseok guy?"

I sit down on the edge of the fountain, nodding.

"I'm sure whatever it is, you'll work it out. You seem like a strong girl." He sits besides me and flashes a smile. "You can do it."

I smile back. "Thanks. I really hope I can."

"You get paid, don't you?"

"Yes, I do."

He gently grabs my hand. "Then working for a boss like that isn't for nothing. You can look at it that way. When I have to work for someone who is incredibly rude, money is usually what motivates me."

"Hm. You're right. I should be more grateful."

"And don't give up! If you do, then I'll scold you." He pouts out his lips, mocking an angry child. "Don't make me scold you, Emi."

I laugh loudly as I push his shoulder. "Ok, I won't! Stop making that face!"

°

Finally, a month passed.

That's right. I survived a whole month.

And guess what?

Jung Hoseok has not changed one bit...even though I prayed and prayed every night. He still has this certain cold attitude to him that makes me want to stomp on his toe.

But of course, I will not do what my heart wants.

I only see him 5 times a week. I can deal with it.

One good thing is that he hasn't told my father anything about what happened with Seokjin, so that's relieving.

Hoseok also agreed to give me regular lunch breaks, but only if I satisfied him enough with my work. Not a big problem because I always do.

Just his low thoughts of me are motivating enough.

For most of my lunch breaks, I've been hanging with Joon out by the fountain. He's always there and his smile is always energizing on a tiring day.

We've actually become good friends! I've never been this close to someone that I met outside of my father circle.

It's really refreshing!