N I N E T E E N

Soo Emi

I woke up early in the morning to clean the mess I created yesterday because of Ho-Hose-Hoseo...

Ugh, I can't even say or think about his name without cringing out of my mind!

I will not be weak and sensitive! Hoseok, who?

I sped through all the assignments that were given to me yesterday.

Not assignments, I mean chores.

Gosh, I need to stop thinking about that.

7am and I cleaned all the dishes, done all the laundry, made all the beds, vacuumed, and made breakfast.

I wipe sweat off my forehead and crashed onto the couch.

Remembering I had to wake up Namjoon, I stand back up and hurried upstairs.

I knock on Namjoon's door.

There was no answer and I didn't want to invade his space, so I just knocked again.

After a few minutes of obnoxious knocking, Namjoon finally opens the door.

"It's alright to come into my room if you need to wake me." He clarifies while ruffling his hair.

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to barge in, sir." I hold my hands together in front of me.

"Hey, Emi, it's ok to call me by my name. We're friends, right?" Namjoon chuckles.

I smile. "Yes, we are."

He looks away from my face and at my clothes.

He points to the obvious stains on my shirt. "You were busy this morning."

"I was. I wanted to make up for yesterday. Also, breakfast is ready downstairs, so..."

"Alright. I'll be ready in 5 minutes and I'll come down. Why don't you eat first?"

"Ok."

He closes the door.

Before I walk away, he opens his door again.

"I almost forgot, but good morning, Emi." He holds up a hand and winks.

I turn red. "Go-Good morning to you too."

He laughs before closing the door again.

°

I show Namjoon my hard work like a little kid showing their parents something they've accomplished at school.

"How early did you wake up?" He asked.

"Around 5am."

"Goodness. You are efficient." He pats my back.

I smile to myself. "Thank you."

If only Hoseok would tell me things like that when I worked for him.

Emi, you said you would stop thinking about him?

GARGH, sorry!

°

"Could you get the door?" Namjoon asks me.

"Sure."

I dry my hands off before walking to the door. I open it and Hoseok appears.

My welcoming smile fades and his does too.

"I just need to speak to Namjoon." He awkwardly stuffs his hands in his pockets.

I don't say a word. I just move to side and let him in.

While Namjoon and Hoseok were talking, I dusted some countertops while listening in on their conversation.