T H I R T Y F O U R

Soo Emi (Na Hyejin)

"I-I don't understand-" I shake his arms off of me. "I don't understand. Did you-Is there another-"

"Hyejin, don't be afraid. I'll treat you better than the last assistant I had." He smirks, lightly chuckling at how flabbergasted I was.

"Hoseok-"

His finger lands on my lips. "Shh, that's not my name, Hyejin. My name is J-Hope."

"I-I need to go somewhere." I stammer, pushing him away from me.

I hurry out of the door and out of his sight.

Was that really Hoseok?

I think my contacts are tricking me.

I fast walk out of the building and across the street. I spot a little cafe with a picture of coffee on the front and I enter, sitting at an empty table near the windows.

Jimin is not going to believe this.

With my sweaty hands, I pull out my phone and dialed his number.

He picks up right away and I don't bother letting him say hello.

"Jimin! You won't believe this! I just saw-"

"So, Hoseok arrived?"

My mouth drops open. "Y-Y-You knew?"

"I'm sorry, Emi. Judging from the way you're speaking, you're not too thrilled to see him." Jimin lets out a small giggle. "See. After your argument with Hoseok where you told him he couldn't join you, he contacted me and worked some details behind your back. He ordered me to not tell you."

"I was so confused when Mr. Shanghai wanted me to be an assistant to someone. The original plan was just a simple mail delivery girl or something." I place a hand on my forehead.

Wow, I really am burning up.

"You got the job! Congratulations! It wasn't hard at all, was it?"

"He looked at my resume for 5 seconds, asked me one question, and boom, I got the job." I scoff, fiddling with my skirt. "You were right about him."

"See! So, don't be so nervous! You're doing great!"

"Jimin!" I whine. "How could you?"

"His plan just made our success rate increase to a very safe spot. I wanted to make sure you had the best options."

"Hmph, I can't complain about you being a complete angel."

"Yes, I'm your angel!" He cutely says.

"I guess I can only say thank you." I cross my arms. "But I still have a lot to do."

"And now you have extra help!" He cheers over the phone. "I have to go now, so good luck with your first day! Remember to be a good girl to your boss!"

I narrow my eyes. "Hoseok told you to say that, huh?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Nothing. Goodbye."

I hang up the call and laid my head on the table.

No matter how far I go, he still followed me all the way to a different country to make sure I was under his control.

Tch.

A tap on the table makes me look up.

"Leaving me hanging like that? You made your boss sad. Not a good sign on your first day, baby girl." Hoseok says as he sits down across from me.