Chapter 7: Facing Fears

Whitney's POV

I wanted a day to hang out with Mallory. "Mal, want to go to Menchies?" Mallory looked down, then mumbling, she said, "Sure! I'd love to!" She said with a smile that almost looked like a fake one. I didn't say anything about it though, I didn't want her being more sad. "Okay, you go get in the car, I'll go tell Stephen that I'm going to take you to Menchies." I made sure to say it with a smile. Mallory nodded.

At Menchies, when we got our Frozen Yogurt, Mallory said something, but I couldn't hear. "Oh, I'm sorry, Mal. What was that?" Mallory said it again, "Do you think I made a mistake by breaking up with Matt?..." I looked down. "Well, that's up to you to decide, but I will say... He called earlier, I really think he missed you a lot." Mallory had a tear rolling down her cheek. "He really loves me like I love him, huh?" I let her figure it out.

Mallory's POV

"So, I didn't need to not like him, I'm sure he was afraid he'd find out some of the many flaws I have, so I shouldn't break up with him for that."

After me and Whitney had Menchies, I went to Matt's house, I was actually expecting Adam to open the door because he's a social person. When the door opened, I saw Matt open it, but my mouth spoke faster than my brain could think, "Hello Adam, is Matt her-" My brain processed so I now know that Matt was laughing his head off. "Hey, Matt... Listen, I'm sorry for breaking up with you... I loved you, but I wasn't ready to get engaged... Now, I am. Can we go on a date sometime?" Matt smiled, "Sure, Mal! Why would I ever say no to you?" I smiled too.

Matt's POV

I really like Mallory, and now, we could go on dates and I could show my appreciation for her specially now. Wait until what Mal thinks of me when I take her to see Finding Dory. I laughed because the last time we tried to see it, she got us kicked out. That was our best date, in my opinion.