Chapter One

I'm Skyler and I am a 16 year old socially awkward freak. Even before I was born my Mom and Dad got divorced and no one knows why.

I have lived with my Dad since I was a baby because my Mom died giving birth to me. When I turned 15 a few months after my birthday he flew off to Paris to marry his fiance.

Of course I didn't go because I had school to focus on. And who would want to see their Dad marry anyone except their Mom?!

It has been about a year since he moved to Europe with his wife and stepson leaving me in Houston by myself.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Being alone was one of its many perks but today wasn't like any other day of the year. This day was the absolute worst. It was my 16th birthday usually a glorious day for many just not for me.

Parties were never my scene especially the ones that drew attention to me. This would be the first ever birthday that I would spend at home and alone without my Dad. I wanted to cry at the thought.

I rolled out of the bed and after I got ready for school I ran straight to my car ignoring the neighbors.

On the way to school I stopped by a cupcake shop and bought one for when I got home later from school and OH CRAP I was late.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Samantha.," the teacher said calling roll.

"Skyler.," she said looking at my empty desk with a frown on her face before I barged through the classroom door.

"Oh there you are.," she says looking at the computer screen before looking back at me smiling, "Why don't you tell the class what day it is.," she said enthusiastically but I was not having it.

"The day that you hopefully mind your own business and leave me alone HOW BOUT DAH," I say harshly as everyone in the classroom gaped at me while I walked to my seat in the back corner where my desk was.

The day went by fairly quick and my last class was Gym and as always Jessica was a bully but today was worst.

"So I heard today is your birthday.," she says with a devilish grin on her face, "Be a good little bitch and go fuck something.," she says as her minions laugh.

"A bitch is a female dog, a dog barks, bark grows on trees, trees are a part of nature, nature is beautiful so thanks for the compliment.," I say walking away leaving them staring wide eyed.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I arrived at the house I almost got out before I went back to grab my cupcake and my candles out of the car.

When I unlocked the house door and went inside I was startled when I heard someone yell surprise as about 35 people jumped from behind couches and counters and my Dad and who I assumed to be his wife came forward looking at the cupcake in my hand before the woman chimed in, "You didn't think you'd be needing that did you?," she asked taking it from my hands and setting it on the counter and introducing me to everyone.

After the party was finally over around one o'clock in the morning I went in my room to find someone's suitcases parked by the door and as I looked up I saw a stunningly handsome guy in my bed that looked like he was about in his first year of college from the stubble on his jaw.

Breaking me out of my creepy thoughts the guy woke up and I jumped as if he rose from the dead.

"Why were you just staring at me?," he asked getting off of the bed and walking over to me, looking me up and down as if he was racking his brain for something, "OH crap!," he said looking me over again, "You're Hal's daughter!" he said giving me another look over.

"Um CAN I HAVE MY FACE BACK?," I asked him.

"And you are?," I asked scoping him out again he was sooooo hot.

"I'm May's son, Alex," he says reaching his hand out, "What's wrong I don't bite..... Hard.," he says bending down and kissing my hand when I handed it to him making me blush.

"Well since I have no where else to sleep I'll have to sleep her," he says jumping onto the bed, "We're siblings so it wouldn't be weird right?," he asks patting the spot beside him as I climbed into the bed looking at him while he drifted off to sleep as I soon followed.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When I woke up I was oddly very warm and cozy as I nuzzled into something before remembering last night and popping my eyes open to see a smiling Alex looking down at me before I sprung from the bed suddenly and for some reason I was extremely dizzy and my legs gave out under me and I was grabbed by two big hands before I hit the ground.

"HAL!!!!!,"I heard Alex screaming letting the dark finally consume me. ______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

The girl on the cover is Skyler