Venus

song: venus stopped the train by july talk

Amber didn't remember falling asleep, and as she slowly sat up and tried to take in her surroundings, a sense of unease enveloped her.

She was still in the little cabin, journals strewn all around her but something seemed off.

She felt scared.

It had been years since fear had entered her body. With what she was, she was always sure that she was the strongest of any opponent.

So, what was it that was giving her such fear?

She grasped for her beloved doll and fou2nd it gone. Her heart dropped.

"Sarah?" She said out loud.

She scanned over the room again making sure to take in every detail, but sarah was not here.

Her fear only increased, this is why she never fell asleep unless she was in her own room.

She cursed out loud and jumped out of the bed. There was no way sarah just walked off, it was part of a curse put on her.

Someone had been in the cabin. How had she slept through it all? With the cursed doll no longer in her safe keeping, Amber had finally figured out the cause of her fear.

While amber was a very powerful being, Sarah had more power. The only thing that stopped her was the curse, and it only really worked when paired with a witch.

Now the doll was free to roam the world and use her powers. Amber quickly ran back towards the house.

As she ran she couldn't help but wonder If what she read from the journals were true. Cause if it was she was possibly dealing with something worse than her. Something completely evil.

---

It had been quiet for hours. The only sounds breaking the silence were the steady breathes of Selena and the ding of the clock every hour.

Kaleb knew that now was probably the best chance he had to put his plan in action.

He had been able to pull his hands free from his bounds. It had scraped off much skin and the smell of iron hung in the air still.

He ripped off the bottom half of his shirt and used the fabric to wrap his wounds. His eyes had long ago gotten used to the dark and he was able to make his way towards the door.

He left Selena to sleep and even though he felt extreme guilt as he was doing it, he had to in order to go through with his plan.

The door was locked but with a enough force on the handle it gave away. Kaleb thanked god for the old knob.

He slowly opened the door, as to not make a sound. Once the door was open he peered out and saw that the hallway was clear.

He walked out the door and closed it behind him as to not arise suspicion. He knew he would have to work quick as he could feel a dark energy approaching.

Making his way through the different hallways, he tried to remember his path back to the room.

He finally reached the front entrance and tried to open the door, but it was locked. He figured as much and looked towards the broken window beside the door.

he took his shoe off and used it to quietly clear the broken glass away. Once the little pane was cleared he reached through and felt for the handle.

Once he had reached the handle, he realized that the door was on backwords and unlocked it.

The first part of his plan was done and he quickly made his way back to the room.

As he was walking he heard voices coming and tried to go faster without making noise. The door was in his sights and he made it just in time to close the door before the voices turned down the hallway.

He sat down in his original spot and loosely wraped the ropes around his back again. He fained sleep as the voices got closer.

He waited for the door to open, trying to keep his breathing even. The talking had stopped now as had the footsteps and for what felt like the longest moment of his life Kaleb waited.

Then the footsteps had continued down the hallway. Kaleb felt a sense of relief wash over him.

He finally let his tired body rest, knowing that he would need all the rest he could get for the plan.

The damn clock would wake him in an hour anyway.

----

Amber ran as fast as she could through the woods not caring about the cuts she was recieving or the way her dress was starting to tear.

If she did not get to Sarah in time, the cursed doll would be able to break free of its bounds and the real Sarah would emerge and wreak a havoc the world had not known in years.

The house finally came into view and Amber tried to feel for the doll. She found a connection coming from inside the mansion and ran towards the back door.

She threw it open not even bothering to lock it. Her top priority was finding the doll right now.

"My child, why are you running so? Lose control?" The slimy voice of her mentor Adam asked.

Amber froze at this and turned towards him, seeing him leaned against the wall.

With the help of magic he had managed to retain his youthful look and if it weren't for how he dressed, you would think he was a 20 year old man.

"You knew!" She yelled at him. "This was your plan all along, does Kaleb even pocess the gift?"

"Oh my Amber, it was always meant to be this way, you were born to free Sarah and now that you've brought someone here who has the ability to set her free, there's no stopping her." Adam chuckled fading into the darkness and dissapearing.

"Kaleb." She gasped.