Why are you runnin away

Song: Evelyn Evelyn by Evelyn evelyn

"Look at them Sarah. They run around and they play their games and laugh." the little girl said talking to her doll.

To others, she seemed innocent almost like a baby but to those who truly knew her, they knew that she was far from innocent.

The little girl looked down at the grass beneath her an intrigued look crossing her face at the sound of approaching footsteps. Continuing to look down but now with a tiny smirk crossing her face, she waited till the person was in front of her to look at them.

She looked up to see a little boy with bright blue eyes, and wild hair staring at her.

"Hello there." The boy stuck his hand out.

"Hello." The girl said grabbing his hand and shaking it.

"My name's Kaleb, you must be mighty lonely sitting over here all by yourself." He told her.

"A little but I have Sarah here to keep me company." She lifted her doll towards him.

"What's your name anyway?" the young boy asked not aware of the troubles the future held for him.

The little girl smiled at him. He probably thought it was out of friendliness, if only he wasn't so naive.

"Amber pleased to meet you." She replied.

--

Kaleb opened his eyes to pitch black. He felt a pain on the side of his head and went to rub it, but something restricted his hands from moving.

A flashback of Amber's smiling face hitting him with the candlestick that illuminated the room raced before his eyes.

Frowning Kaleb tried to feel what was restricting his hands. With his sight gone he relied on his touch, turning his wrist he felt a burn. He deduced that his restraints were ropes.

Kaleb cried out and kicked his feet out, angry with himself, but mostly angry with Amber.

"Are you done with you tantrum now?" asked Amber as he had finally stopped his outburst.

"What do you want?" Kaleb said frustrated with her.

"Oh you'll find out soon enough until then why don't we play a game." She said almost giddy.

Kaleb's brain went into overdrive thinking of what Amber could have planned for him.

--

Else where in the house a very frightened teenage girl was trying to get away her captors without angering them.

After trying to break free of the metal cuffs around her wrists and getting no results she slumped down and let out a loud sigh in defeat.

"Shut up!" a voice rang out as a hand was connected with her cheek.

The girl let out a whimper and looked at the angry face of her captors.

"Why? Why me I didn't do anything to you." The teen said.

"Oh, that's where your wrong but you'll find out in time. For now stay still and shut up, we wouldn't want your beautiful face to be scarred now would we?" The dark voice asked.

The girl shook her head in response before trying to stay still. A clock rang telling that an hour had gone by.

"It's almost time." A voice stated.

The door started to slowly open and not for the first time that night fear began to rise within the girl.