Chapter 10

Lexie's POV

I'm about to start my first solo surgery, a craniotomy. I can't believe Mark dosen't even care, I'm stressed and he just makes fun of me. Just because he's a big shot attending he thinks that a little solo surgery means nothing. Whatever.

As I get into the OR I'm more than just nervous but I got this, I've witnessed about 100 craniotomies I know what I'm doing. Mark really never came, I expect something different, I'm shocked, even Jackson is in the gallery my freaking ex-boyfriend. But nope my fiancé is no where to be found.

Mark was running he wanted to wish her good luck. When he got to the scrub room he looked in and saw she had already started "damnit" he said then ran out. Now he had a surgery, he didn't get to watch hers.

Time skip to the end of the day

On Marks way home he picked up roses and chocolates for Lexie, he felt awful. When he got home Lexie wasn't there but he knew her shift ended at 5, it was 7:30. He tried calling her, no answer he tried texting her, no answer, he tried paging her, no answer. "She's probably at Meredith's" he said to himself. So he got the roses and chocolates and went to Meredith's. When he got there he rang the doorbell and Meredith answered she just looked at him.

"Don't you have a fiancée you should be giving that crap to" she finally said

"Umm yea I'm here for Lexie." He responded

"Well she's not here" Meredith said "what did you do this time, tell her that the bachelorette shouldn't exist, she'll get over it." Meredith joked

"I forgot about her solo surgery" mark said

"Oh, you're toast! Ha you're going to need a lot more than chocolates and roses for this one big boy!" Meredith said laughing

"You are absolutely no help." Mark stated

"Oh is that why Lexie was so mad? I was gonna say it was because of those hormones but yikes, you messed up."

"Wow you really know how to make me feel better" he said sarcastically and walked away.

"Good luck, she'll come around." Meredith yelled behind him

"You think?" He asked and turned around

"Eventually" she said softly
Mark decided to just go home, she had to come home at some point. He tried staying up till she got home but it was 12 and she was nowhere to be found, so he went to bed. Thinking of how to make this up to her.

Nothing seemed to come up.

A/N this is short but the next chapters are very good!!!