Chapter 11

When Mark got up he looked to the left and realized Lexie wasn't in bed. So he got up and went to make coffee. When he walked out Lexie was eating breakfast and reading a magazine.

"Hey I didn't hear you get in bed last night" he said

"That's because I didn't get in bed" she said not looking up, flipping through her magazine.

"Then where did you sleep?" He asked

"On the couch" she stated not looking up

"You could have just come in bed, you won't wake me up." He stated

"I know, I didn't want to get in bed with you, is that a problem?" She said, her eyes glued to the magazine.

"Lexie, I'm your fiancé we are supposed to sleep in the same bed." He stated

"Yea but aren't fiancés supposed to remember about oh I don't know, maybe something big, really important, special, like a solo surgery or something like that!" She said closing the magazine, getting up, and walking to the bathroom "because in my book fiancés are, but then again, I don't know what book you're reading" she added then started walking away.

"Lexie-" he tried to explain

"No I was nervous," she said turning around to face him, "I was terrified! This is a major part of my career and I was a wreck! and you had the AUDACITY" she started getting louder " to say that my HORMONES are out of control!!! And so what if they are, I'd like to see you carry a freaking baby and be perfectly normal!!" She was so mad.

"I'm sorry but I forgot and I apologize, I understand you're mad-"

"Do you?! I have supported you through all of your surgeries from little ones to huge ones, HELL I've missed out on the coolest surgeries ever to sit in the gallery of one of your surgeries! And you can't even remember that I have my first surgery on my own?! You didn't even come in the gallery or even ask me about it after! And then you walk in here like I'm in the wrong?!" She was just ranting now "sometimes you are just so cocky!"

"I'm so sorry Lex if i could go back I would. But I can't so I'm here, and I don't know how you feel right now but I love you and I just want to make you happy." He said

"Well I'm not very happy right now" She said then went into the bathroom and locked the door.

That's when she broke down.