Chapter 1~ High School NOT Cool

Woke up on the right side of the bed, the scent of pancakes and syrup lingered through my nostrils and the sound of birds chirping greeted me in the morning as I did my morning exercise. Jas and Jen, as what I like to call them, picked me up at home for school. This is awesome!

As I walk along Heatherson High's Hall way, Everybody greeted me with huge smiles on their faces. I waved at them, wink at them and even sign their foreheads! I'm like a star here in school. I'm the most popular girl in town! I'm friends with Jennilyn and Jasmine Heatherson, the Principal's Twins. We're like Power Puff Girls and I'm Blossom! We'd have our nails painted together, go to spas and eat on a diet everyday! This is the life.. until

*RIIIIIIIIIIIING! RIIIIIIIIIING!

I woke up.

"Really?! in the middle of my popularity? you'd do that? UGH!" I said to myself as I threw the Alarm clock somewhere I don't care.

and back to reality.

HI! My name's Samantha Greene, but you can call me Sam. I'm 17, 11th grade, and currently a nobody in Heatherson High, My school. Jennilyn and Jasmine Heatherson are the preetiest, most popular Girls in school. Aside from being the principal's daughters, They're smart, rich and Gorgeous. I really wanted to be their friend. I wanted to be popular like them. They're my role models.

How would I describe myself? simple! I'm a pimple headed, large framed nerd, very awkward girl in this society, with braces. I'm a straight A student who remains, and will remain, second to the Heathersons because it's their place. I don't want to take it away from them.

"Hey! Goodmorning!!!!" Seth, My elder brother who's in the 12th grade. The really famous and the star player of the football team strangled me when I went down for breakfast.

"You really won't stop doing that to me do you?" I asked him as he shook his head. He called for Sandra, my younger sister, who's in the 7th grade and the total opposite of me.

"You two are so noisy early in the morning." She said as she ate one toasted bread and went outside.

"We're not kids anymore Seth. and you're graduating. You'll be away from home in a month. I'll miss it." I said as he approcahed me with a bowl of cereal.

"I'll call you everyday and you'll update me with school everyday. Alright? Now, you eat because the bus is going to be here any minute now." He said as he finished his cereal in a minute. How does he do that?

"I'll just bring some toast. There's the bus. Bye mom!" I said as I pointed the window.

We ran towards the bus but I kept my distance from my brother and sister. They're both too popular to be with me. I'd just get in their way.

"hey. Why is your sister like that? you know? a total opposite of you and your brother?"  I heard Sandra's friends talking to her.

"I don't know? Maybe she's adopted or something. Mom's gorgeous and dad has good looks. Don't know what happened to her." She said as they laughed at her. 

I'm kind of used to this, but it still hurts. Of all people who would discriminate and judge me, why her? why Sandra? She's my sister.

I would cry myself to sleep knowing that she doesn't want me to be her sister. I even read her diary once and saw her greatest wish..

"I wish my sisters were the Heathersons."

---

We arrived at school and was dragged by Seth along with Sandra at the corner of the gates.

"ow! What do you want seth?" Sandra asked as she rubbed her arm because of the strong grip Seth made.

"apologize." He said.  I was confused. He was angry about nothing.

"what? why?" Sandra asked again but it just made Seth angrier.

"I said Apologize!" Seth shouted which attracted a lot of attention from the student body.

"why? what for? What did I do?!" Sandra became impatient as well. I tried calming Seth down but it doesn't work.

"you were talking bullshit about your big sister with your friends at the bus. Why?" Seth said and  I was shocked by his rage.

Usually, he hangs out with his friends and would forget everything around him. This is the first time he heard Sandra's conversation with her friends about me.

"why not? it's true. She's adopted and we're the real children. She's ugly, we're good looking. She's awkward, we're talented. She's-" Seth slapped her face before she could even continue.

"Seth!" I said but didn't bother facing me.

"I'll deal with you later at home. After class.. with mom and dad. Remember you can't hide from me. I know this school like the back of my hand. Don't sneek out on me. got it?" Seth said as he went inside ahead of us. Sandra was crying while holding her cheek. That must hurt.

"Let me-" I was going to help her but she slapped my hand.

"It's because of you! You ruined my life! You ruined our life! you don't know what they say about me having a sister like you?! I hate you!" She shouted as she ran towards the school.

ouch.

That hurts so much. Being hated by your sister hurts a lot. This wasn't suppose to happen. I was fine with her giving me a lot of compliments (I'm being sarcastic) but not to this extent. I felt tears flowing down like waterfall when Sandra left me. I don't want to enter class looking like this. 

I checked my pocket and my bag but no sign of handkerchief.

"really?! like now?!" I cursed myself as I let out sobs, since I was the only person outside.

"hey. cheer up." Someone spoke to me. Her voice was music to my ears. I raised my head only to see a pretty girl offering her handkerchief to me.

"who? me?" I asked. She laughed and wiped my tears from my face.

"we're kind of alone in here so, yeah. you. What happened?" She asked me as we walked towards the school gates.

"well.. I had a fight with my sister. I'm Samantha Greene by the way. C-call me Sam." I said as I fix my eyeglass and lend my hand out to shake hers. Gladly, she shook my hand.

"I'm Chrissy. Chrissy Costanza. Well I hope you and your sister would make up soon. Sisters should be like best friends you know." She said. I agree with her but except for us. Sandra hates me.

"uhhhm. can I ask you something? you mind taking me to this building? I don't usually come here and our room's being renovated at the other building over there, so we're here to share a room with this class." She said as I looked at the piece of paper she was carrying.

"oh. so you're in the 12th grade? you're with the same room with my brother. I'll take you there." I said as I lead her to her first class in the morning.

We talked about anything and everything as we walked to her classroom until we arrived. She's fun to be with and really beautiful. I hope Seth would notice her.

"Thanks! I'm cool here." She said as I waved my hand at her.

"I'll be going then. Bye." I said.

Cool day huh? A total opposite of my dream. 

I looked at my watch and SHIT!

I'm LATE!!!!

So what do you think? If you're thinking "Where's Brad?" well.. He'll be up soon. :) I'll post an update as soon as possible. :)

BTW.. I love Chrissy Costanza SO MUCH! XD