Chapter 1

*Jenna*

She is 19 years old.
She's 5 feet and 3 inches tall.
She's lost everyone she loved either from the war or from the dictatorship.
Jenna has no faith left and is really suicidal.

Jenna-

I turned off my straight iron and unplugged it. My hair was finally straight, it's usually really poofy and curly. I left my iron to cool down while I packed up some necessities for my trip.

Like what little food I had, some clean underwear, my phone, my phone charger, ear buds, hair brush, toothbrush, toothpaste, my first aid kit, flashlight sketchbook, journal, pencils, knives, and finally the Iron Maiden necklace that my brother gave me.

I haven't really seen him ever since a few years after the war. When a dictator by the name of Gerard Arthur Way rose. My older brother is more than likely dead. Just like all my other friends and family. I'm the only one left in this small destroyed city. Which is why I'm leaving. I need to leave and find a new city that still has working electricity and maybe some civilization.

Of course, the only people in this city are soldiers. They kill anyone who's outside after curfew. Which is why I'm traveling in the sewers. Once my straight iron was cooled down I packed that and strapped some knives to my belt, legs and hidden under my sleeves of my oversized leather jacket. I was ready.

I headed for my backdoor and looked at my home one last time. Just a broken down house with no heat, no air conditioning, broken windows, and overall pigsty. I opened my backdoor and looked around to make sure there weren't any soldiers around. Once I deemed it was safe I headed out. I sprinted towards the shed across the backyard and grabbed a crowbar.

I quickly walked down the road, or what's left of it, and made it to the first sewer entrance. I used the crowbar to pry it open and crawl down the ladder. I turned on the flashlight and started moving. The sewers hadn't been used in six months so the water level was really low. But the rancid smell was still there. I bit my tongue so I wouldn't gag.

I didn't hear soldiers in the distance, meaning I was safe to walk around freely. I didn't think they'd come down here anyways, but it's always better to be safe than sorry.