[Veronica Lodge x Reader 1]

Veronica and Betty were sat at a booth at the towns oh-so-famous diner; Pop's Chock'lit Shoppe. They had just finished their third week of sophomore year, and we're discussing all the new couples that had been developed over the first  few weeks back at school. 

"Here you go, ladies. One chocolate milkshake, and one vanille milkshake. Enjoy." The owner announced, placing the two drinks on the table. 

"Thank you, Mr. Tate." The two girls almost sang in unison, as the owner walked away with a smile on his face.

"Sooo we talked about your still ongoing love for a certain boy-next-door, but what has been going on with Kevin lately? Do you think that boy has finally found a lover?" Veronica asked her best friend with a smirk, before sipping her milkshake.

"We'll talk about Kevin later, let's talk about you first. What's been going on in your lovelife?" Betty asked her, watching the brunette in front of her as the girl snorted.

"What lovelife? Cause that, my friend, is none existent. " Veronica spoke amusingly, stirring her milkshake with her straw. 

"I'm serious, V." Betty said concerned, thinking there was more behind the words Veronica just spoke. When Veronica saw how serieus the blonde across from her was, she gave in and tried to answer serious.

"I don't know. I guess ever since that thing with that list and the Sticky Maple thing, I don't see anyone in Riverdale like dating material. " Veronica explained to her friend, whom was paying attention to every word leaving the brunette's mouth and nodding understanding.

"Besides, I think I know every single person in this small town. And none of them have peaked my interest thus far." The latina added on, as the bell hanging above the door of the diner dinged at the entering of a new costumer. 

"Wow, should I feel offended?" Betty joked faking hurt, gaining a fake eyeroll and a chuckle from her friend as she sipped from her milkshake once again. 

But her attention quickly shifted towards the new costumer behind Betty, that sat down at a booth not too far from the girls. It was a girl, and not just any other girl. It was a mesmerizing girl that Veronica had never seen before. A comfortable silence fell between Veronica and Betty, as they enjoyed their beverages in peace. Veronica was also watching the unknown girl intensely, not being able to pry her eyes away from her.

"Long time no see, Y|N. Welcome back to Riverdale, how was LA?" Mr. Pop's voice spoke with the  girl, gaining a smile from her in return.

"It was great, Mr. Tate thank you. It's good to be back here though. Nothing like one of Pop's classic burgers." She conversed with the older man, sounding like they had known one another for years.

"That's good to hear. And might that just be what you'd like to order?" The owner suggested, as the two chuckled at the sarcasme exchanged between them.

"Plus a chocolate milkshake of course, thank you." The girl said, gaining a nod and another smile from the older man. He patted her shoulder, before disappearing into the kitchen. Veronica smiled to herself, as a result of watching the two talk.

"What are you looking at?" Betty asked her friend, causing her to quickly look down innocently.

"Nothing." Veronica mumbled, before quickly sipping her drink again as a distraction. Betty looked at her friend confused, but when she looked at the direction Veronica was previously looking at she knew what was going on.

"Oh my, I thought you said nobody here has peaked your interest?" Betty smirked, finding the signs of a crushing Veronica quite the sight.

"No one has." Veronica mumbled, Betty knew that she was lying which made her smirk only grow.

"Then you wouldn't mind going up to talk to that girl over there right?" Betty suggested, playing dumb. She pointed at the girl a few booths away from them. Veronica slowly looked up towards the unknown girl, only to see her looking back at her. The two held a staring contest for what seemed like forever, before Pop stood inbetween the two to serve the girl her drink.

"I thought you said you knew everybody in this small town. That includes her. If so, there won't be any problem talking to her, right?" Betty smirked, finding her normally oh-so-confident friend's awkward behaviour rather amusing.

"I don't know her. But I would love to do so." Veronica said, before taking a leap of faith and standing up to walk towards the girl to talk to her.