[Betty Cooper x Reader 1]

Youngest member of Riverdale's Golden family, Betty Cooper, just got home from school. She walked into her room, throwing her bag on her bed. She walked towards her mirror and looked at herself. Running a hand over the soft material of her new uniform, a smile formed on her face.

Betty finally got accepted into Riverdale High's cheer squad, thanks to her new friend Veronica Lodge. Something Betty had longed for, ever since her first day of high school.

She let out a happy sigh and a grin made it's way upon her face. Her eyes fell on her speakers, that were on the dresser next to her mirror. She took out her phone and put on Number One by Tove Styrk, one of her favourite songs at the moment. To happy to care about anything at all, she turned up the volume all the way. 

Betty loudly started singing along to the song, while dancing around in her room. With a hair brush now in her hands as a microphone, she danced in front of her mirror. When the chorus in the song came, she threw her hair brush aside and jumped on to her bed. Jumping and dancing on the bed, forgetting all about the world around her. 

Meanwhile in the house next to hers, new neighbours had arrived. The lucky South Side family, the Y|L|N's, won the lottery and bought decided to buy a house in a nicer neighbourhood.

So with a couple of movers by their side, the Y|L|N family walked up to the front door of their new home. While the adults were handling some last minute tasks, the Y|N siblings were assigning themselves their new rooms.

The eldest of the siblings, Y|N Y|L|N, walked up the stairs and opened last door down the hall. She put down the box she was holding and observed the room. Her eyes landed on the window, and she walked up to open it. 

When she did, her eyes shifted towards the view in front of her, at the house next to her new one. She saw a girl, around her age, jumping on her bed while singing. Too busy dancing and singing, Betty hadn't noticed her new neighbour, leaning against the window frame with a smirk on her face. 

Y|N remained watching the blonde girl, until her own name was called from downstairs. She let out an amused chuckle and glanced back at the girl one last time, before walking downstairs. 

When the next song started playing on Betty's phone, she could hear her mother calling her name. The sound of Alice Cooper's heels approaching Betty's bedroom, had the girl quickly jumping off her bed and putting her music on a lower volume. 

"Elisabeth, I have been calling your name seven times now. Turning off the music and come downstairs." Alice Cooper spoke dumbfounded and demanding to her youngest daughter. Her eyes scanned over Betty's attire as the girl nodded and turned off her speakers.

"And what on earth are you wearing? Whatever, we will discuss this later. Get changed and come downstairs with me." Alice spoke, glancing down at her daughter one more time before disappearing out the door. 

Betty let out a deep sigh, before changing into her regular clothes. She adjusted her infamous ponytail and made her way down the stairs. She walked into the kitchen, where her mother was wrapping up her home made peach cake. Alice turned around towards her daughter and handed her the plate. 

"Come on, we're leaving." Alice said, her head held high as she walked towards the front door like she were a royalty of some sort. 

Betty looked at her mother confused, but followed her out the door without asking questions. The two Cooper ladies walked out of their house and stopped at the front door of the house next to theirs. Alice adjusted her hair and blazer, before ringing the doorbell. The woman obviously was there to intimidate and inspect the South Side family.

A faint "I got it," was heard from the other side of  the door, before they heard someone approaching the front door. The door opened to reveal a teenage girl, with a confused look but a smile on her face.

"Good afternoon young lady, my name is Alice Cooper and this is my daughter Elisabeth. We noticed you just moved here, and thought why not welcome our new neighbours to Riverdale." Alice explained pointing over her shoulder towards her daughter at the mentioning of her name.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Y|N Y|L|N. And thank you, my parents are in the kitchen taking care of some last minute things. Would you like to come in?" Y|N said, opening the door more so the Coopers could walk in.

Alice gave Y|N one last full body glance before entering the home, Betty following right after. The woman grabbed the pie out of Betty's hold and adjusted the foil wrapped around it. Alice walked right towards the kitchen as if it were her own house, while Betty remained in the hallway looking around.

"Hey cheerleader, the kitchen's that way." Y|N said, closing the door and pointing towards the direction of the kitchen. 

"How do you know I'm a cheerleader?" Betty asked confused, walking after Y|N making their way to where their parents were.

"You fit the image." Y|N smirked, causing Betty to look at her even more confused. The two entered the kitchen, to see Alice Cooper and the Y|L|N family talking about the neighbourhood. 

"Plus, with those dance moves you definitely are." Y|N whispered to the blonde with a smirk.

"Y|N can you make some tea for these ladies?" The man of the house asked his eldest daughter, receiving a nod in return. Everyone sat down at the bar in the kitchen waiting for the tea whilst talking.

While Y|N was preparing all of them some tea, Betty let the words that left the Y|L|N girl's mouth sink in. She realised that Y|N must have witnessed her sing and dance outburst earlier in her room. Betty's face turned a dark shade of red, and she immediately looked down. When Y|N gave Betty her tea, the blonde looked up and was met with a smirk from the other girl. The blonde mumbled a thank you, and looked back down right away.

The two Cooper ladies and their newest neighbours chatted for quite awhile. Well, Alice interrogated the parents while Betty kept glancing at Y|N, only to see her smirking right back at her. After about two hours, Alice and Betty Cooper were walking out of the Y|L|N front yard on their way back to their own home.

"I saw how that Y|N girl looked at you, and I want you to stay away from her. She might be all smiles, but I sense she's trouble. So stay away from her, Elisabeth." Alice Cooper whispered demanding, as soon as they left the house. Betty bit on the inside of her cheek, and nodded at her mother's words.

When the two entered their home, Betty went straight up to her room to do her homework. When she walked in her eyes shifted towards her window. Across from her own she saw Y|N, hanging up posters. When she was done, she took a step back to look at them and she noticed Betty standing there.

An amused smile formed on her face as she held up an information folder with Riverdale High's school logo on it, before closing the curtains. Betty dramatically dove onto her bed and groaned.

"Staying away from her is going to be rather impossible, mother."