02 ~ uniform

She rushed past the lockers down the corridor, her trousers flaring wildly as she quickened her pace. Her hair was dishevelled and her papers were bunched in her hands, which were shaking slightly.

She burst into the classroom as the bell rang and Mr. Borman, her teacher, raised an eyebrow as he scrutinised her shabby appearance.

Instead of commenting, he began to throw casual insults at her like he usually did to latecomers. “Fix your uniform, Miss Summers,” he called, turning back to the board.

He didn’t glance at her again as she trudged to the back of the classroom, ignoring the smirks of her peers as she fixed her blouse, tucking it into her trousers.

A malicious girl, Julianne, wore the biggest smirk of them all as she whispered something to her ‘friends’, who giggled in response. Annabelle stared at Julianne’s unbuttoned blouse, her eyes honing in on the ridges of bone that stuck out prominently.

Collarbones.

Annabelle lightly brushed her hand over her neck, ignoring the fabric that acted as a barrier between her and her sanity. For once, she was glad that her collared blouse dug into her neck slightly.

After all, she didn’t want people to see what wasn’t there.