26

This chapter is gonna be switching back and forth between povs a lot. Sorry XD

Mark's POV
I was allowed to go home today. Felix had come over to keep me company throughout the day but had left just before sunset. It was now nearly midnight and all I could think about was Jack.

He was still missing and no one knew where he could have been taken to. It had been over a week now and people were just giving up. How could they?!

They don't care like I do. Except Felix, Felix cares. He's been trying to get people to keep searching but everyone is ignoring him. They just brush him off saying they won't find him alive anyway. I hated them for it.

Jack is alive, I can feel it. I won't give up on him like they did. I will never give up. The sun was now rising. I had been thinking about this too much.

That's when I felt it, a tingly feeling on my arm. I looked down to see dark ink forming one my paled arm. The handwriting very familiar. The handwriting I had been longing to see for what felt like forever now...

Jack's handwriting.

Jack's POB

I frantically wrote down a message to Mark, hoping he would see it soon.

I'm okay

I smiled when he replied almost instantly. His desperate writing scribbling messily across my arm.

Where are you?!

In a forest by a river. I'm apparently a few days walk from the city from the ocean.

His reply was delayed, as if he was trying to recall where I was.

I think I know where you are. I'll meet up with you soon.

No, you don't have to. I've got enough supplies to get to you. It should be two more days.

I don't care. I'm coming to see you.

There was no point in arguing with him. Its not like I could persuade him to stay.

Fine. Just be careful. Amy is obsessed with you and won't stop until she gets you. Stay away from the waters edge when resting and be careful not to leave footprints.

I told him what Signe had told me. I didn't want them finding him.

Okay. See you soon my love.

See you soon Mr.M

Mark's POV
I was thankful he didn't continue to stop me. I quickly got changed and grabbed my bag, filling it with supplies. I quietly snuck downstairs so my parents wouldn't hear me and grabbed some food from the kitchen.

I snuck out of the house and down the early morning street. I found the entrance to the forest and started walking down it as fast as I could.

I came to a small path that lead to the ocean. I knew it passed over the river at some point so I started speed walking down it, my feet padding against the pavement.

I'm coming Jack

I'm coming Jack. Don't you worry.

Jack's POV
I saw Mark tell me he was coming and packed up everything besides an apple, keeping it out to eat.

I tried to pick up my bag but my hand hurt too much. I had forgotten I hurt it when I fell. In the light I saw it was swollen and bruised. A cloth was still wrapped around my palm from when Signe had stabbed me and around my arm from where Amy had cut me.

"Dammit," I whispered to myself. I was in no shape to be out here alone.

You're not alone. I heard the voice in my head call. This is the voice I had been talking to in the small room.

"I know," I mumbled. If I kept hearing this voice when I was around Mark then he will probably think I'm crazy like everyone else did.

He won't do that. He loves you. A smile crept across my face as I picked my page up with my other hand.

"Thanks," my voice was still quiet but less lonely. I began walking back to the rivers edge and its loud roar.

You're welcome. I continued to follow the river upstream.

Now that the sun was up more animals were out. Birds chirped happily from the trees and squirrels chattered to each other on their own branches. Small woodland creature scurried across the forest floor.

This was way note peaceful than nighttime. I felt note safe in the day light. I should probably sleep now and keep going at night where there is a less chance of creatures attacking me.

I found a tall tree where the first branches were a distance up and manages to scramble up its trunk. I climbed a little higher so I was hidden by the leaves and sat down on a sturdy branch.

I hung my bag against a thick brach where it wouldn't fall off and lay against the trick of the tree, my legs hanging off either side only the branch I was on.

I felt myself drifting if to sleep. A slight tingle spread up my arm but I brushed it off as I completely fell asleep...

Mark's POV
I followed the path for a while before I felt the need to talk to Jack. I had decided not to so we wouldn't get detracted and just focused on trying to get to him.

Are you okay?

He didn't reply straight away which worried me. What had happened to him? Did he get hurt? Did he fall in the river? Is he still alive?

I began to panic and tried to run, my leg burning but I pressed on. I ran for about an hour before I could run anymore.

I stopped to catch my breath. I leant against a tree and pulled out a bottle of water from my bag. I reached for some food but decided against it. I hadn't grabbed much and Jack said he was around two days away.

I was about to zip up my bag when my phone rang. I hadn't realized I put it in my bag. I looked at the contact to see my parents were calling. They were probably wondering where I was.

I declined to call and turned my phone off, I didn't want to make too much notice while I was here. I swing my bag back over my back and looked back down the path. It ended a few metres ahead of me but the river lay directly at the end of it.

"Jack is towards the ocean," I breathed out to myself, still out of breath. I took a drink of water before heading towards the direction of the ocean. "I'm coming Jack. We'll be together soon."

Aaaand done.
This Adorable Lil Fox is takin a nap. Bye