4

Santana's POV

I am in the kitchen making me a sandwich when there was a loud clap of thunder, Scaring me.

I swallow the nothingness in my mouth and continue making my sandwich until I hear a louder one and the lights flickered.

My eyes widened and I left my sandwich and ran towards Matthews room but turned around and grabbed it before continuing to run to Matthews room.

I knock on the door a lot and the lights flicker again.

He opens the door and looks down at me and more thunder boomed making me jump a little. I look up at Matthew to see him looking at me confused and then the lights shut off for a second and I got really scared because I could only see shadows.

Matthew pulls me into his room,almost making me drop my sandwich.

He shuts his door and pulls his phone out of his pocket, turning on the flashlight.

He has one of his hands on my lower back and he leads me to his bed and I sit with my back against the headboard, eating my sandwich.

"Are you scared?" Matthew asked and I blushed shrugging.

"You are" He said sounding happy. Why does me being scared make him happy??

I finish my sandwich after a while and the lights still are not on.

I look around the dark room and feel Matthew moving up to where I was and he sits next to me, a little too close if I would say.

"Don't worry the lights will be back on soon" He said and I looked down

"I am sorry for coming to you.. It was just kind of scary" I said

"Its okay. I don't mind" He said and I feel him slowly wrapping one of his arms around my waist.

I looked over at him and then scooted down so I could lay down and Matthew awkwardly moves his arm before I had laid completely down.

"So tell me about yourself" Matthew said.

"Not really much to tell" I said not about to just up and spill my life story

"How old are you?" He asked me.

"19"I replied.

"You have 19 years to tell" He replied and I rolled my eyes.

"I don't normally talk to people about my life Matthew" I said

"You don't normally talk to anyone." He stated and I nodded.

"Why?" He asked

"Because." I said.

"Because why?" He pushed.

"I just, Have bad trust issues." I tell him trying not to sound like it was a big deal, which it was.

"But some people are trustworthy people" He said laying on his side to face me so I do the same.

"And?" I asked

"You aren't even giving those people a chance" He replied.

"I don't want to." I said

"You gave me a chance" He said

"That is because I am living with you" I replied.

"Am I that bad?" He asked me.

"No. Your one of the nicest people I have met" I said

"But the list of people you met-" I cut him off.

"I used to have friends." I said knowing he was about to say the list of people I had met is short. But it's not.

"What happened?" He asked.

"They ditched me." I stated acting like it didn't hurt to say that I have no friends anymore.

"Why?" He asked and I shook my head no.

"I'm sorry" He said and I shrugged.

"Well. There is nothing you, or I can do about it so its ok" I replied .

"We could make you some new friends, maybe get you a boyfriend or something" Matthew said with no emotion.

"As great as that sounds, I am fine with just being alone, and staying alone." I replied.

"You aren't alone, I am across the hall" He pointed out.

"Still" I said and he nodded.

"Well, if you change you mind, I know a few guys that were very pleased by you walking in this morning pantsless." Matthew said making me blush,

"I don't want a boyfriend who wants me to be pantsless all the time or just wants sex, and I am pretty sure that those guys would only want that." I said and he shrugged nodding.

"Well, Any guy would be lucky to have you, You are very beautiful and nice" He said making me blush more.

"Thank you" I said.

"Just remember that" He said and I nodded still blushing.

"So. What about you?" I asked him.

"Well, I am from Virginia, I have three siblings and I have had a pretty good social life I would say, Obviously not perfect but relatively good, I kind of have an addiction to social medias, like.. for the past 4 years I have and I have gained quite a bit of followers, and I think thats the basics.." Matthew said.

"What is your middle name, what is your last name, what is your favorite color, what is your favorite food?" I said

"My name is Matthew Lee Espinosa, I guess blue is my favorite color, typical, I know. and um. Pizza." He said.

"You have a nice name" I complimented and he chuckled.

"Thank you" He replied and I yawned.

"If you are tired you can sleep" He said and I nodded.

"Ok" I replied.