~ T E N ~

/Would you dance, if I asked you to dance? Would you run, and never look back? Would you cry, if you saw me crying? Would you save my soul tonight? Would you tremble, if I touched your lips? Would you laugh? Oh, please, tell me this. Now, would you die for the one you love? Hold me in your arms, tonight... I can be your hero, baby. I can kiss the pain away. I will stand by you forever. You can take my breath away... Am I in too deep? Have I lost my mind? Well, I don't care: you're here tonight/ ~ Enrique Iglesias {Hero}

Jackson's Perspective

She was right there. Right in front of me. All I had to do was apologize.

Why is that so fucking difficult?

Apologizing. A trait that the Walker family never really had. If we didn't blame others for something bad that happened, we blamed ourselves. But we never apologized. There was too much pride in each of us. But for now - at this very moment in time - I just needed to swallow that pride and apologize...

"Uh, hey - do...do you need any help?" I shoved my hands in my back pockets as I stood in the doorway awkwardly where Hannah was sitting in Charity's chair; gathering papers and forms.

"No, not from the likes of -"

"I wanted to apologize." She stopped and looked up quickly. I bit my lip gently. "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings. In all honesty, that's not how that conversation went in my head."

"Wha-what?"

"I was...actually...planning on asking you out to dinner," I admitted. "I was just too much of a jackass to actually ask. Guess I'm used to the girl being the one to ask."

She nodded, looking down at the sheet. "Well, I forgive you. It's done."

"Can we start over?"

"From what?"

"From the very beginning. Just start over from when we first met. We'll be able to redo everything." I pointed out. She smiled and looked up at me.

She held her hand out. "I'm Hannah Casey. Charity's new assistant." I took her hand, giving a small, gentle but firm shake.

"Jackson Walker. Agent of the FBI."

"Nice to meet you." She said curtly.

"You, as well."

We both stayed there in silence. I could hear the sounds of cars honking from outside the window in Charity's office that was slightly propped open. Hannah got out of the chair, and organized the papers accordingly. This time, she seemed more open. "And, Jackson..." I gave her my attention. "I'd love to go to dinner with you. Pick me up at Quantico Court near Fuller Heights Road at eight tonight...?"

I had to keep my jaw from dropping open. "Uh, uh yeah! Yeah I-I'd love to." She gave me a nod and smiled at me before walking out of the bullpen to the elevators. Leaning against the door, I sighed with my head back - not being able to control how giddy I felt all of a sudden. "Jackson Walker, and Hannah Casey..." I repeated quietly to myself. Another smile appeared on my face.

Kristen's Perspective

"Detective Taylor! Detective Taylor, what do you have to say about the sniper being hired from one of your own?" The reporter rose the microphone to his mouth, stopping Mac mid-step.

He cleared his throat then looked out to the camera. "Detective Mays and several other members from the NYPD violated the trust of their family. Of their home. But for all the people they locked away, and for all the cases they solved - they did good then. And I will not deny that. They made good, and bad decisions. But we all do. The officers that contravened our trust are now serving time for that. But we still remember them for the good they have done for this city. The New York Police Department, the family, aren't perfect. Each of them have flaws. Every one of them has demons of some sort. Some have trust issues, others are taken advantage of. But all the while, we are a family bound together by a badge, and a calling. We are bound together because we bleed blue. I give my respects to the family of Detective Mays, but more importantly to the family of Pierce Camel. But also, I pay my absolute most gratitude towards the FBI - specifically Agent Walker and her team. Thank you. That will be all."