The Fallen

Isn't it scary

That after all this time

After all you've been through

You still feel alone

Isolated from the world

More lost than ever?

~~

"Mommy? What are fates?" I asked my mom while playing with my dolls.

I looked up at my mom. She has been staring at the ground with her wings out all day.

Meaning she was on edge.

"Mommy?"

She jumped like she was startled and my dad walked in and put his hand on her back instantly calming her.

"The fates are the people who decide what we do in life, Kell. The people who decide who we love and how we love them." My dad said.

"Like how you love mommy?"

"Yes, like I-"

My dads head whipped to the front of the house and a terrified expression crossed over it.

I looked at my mom to see her with the same expression.

"Gabriel this is what I seen."

"I know, Amaria, I didn't think it would be today. Take Keller to Michael's house. Tell him it has begun."

A pounding on the door sounded out.

"Daddy what's happening?" I asked.

They both completely ignored me and my mom yelled, "No I won't leave you!! I'll fight-"

My dad interrupted yelling, "No!! Take her and leave now!!"

My dad leant down next to me and grabbed my shoulders.

He looked me straight in the eye and said, "Kell, honey, I want you to promise me. When you get to Uncle Mike's house you go and get Drea then you go to Uncle Uriel, Zadkiel, Jophiel, Gabriel, and Chamuel's house and get Hayden, Harley, Cain, Patch, and Nathanael," A pounding on the door made my dad swear and look at me with a pained look, "Keller promise me you'll get them and leave through the gates. Promise me."

"What's happening, daddy?"

"Bad people are here for daddy and to take you. And I can't let them do that."

The pounding got louder, "No dad we can help you!!"

"No, Keller, go with your mom!! It's not safe."

A tear trailed down my dads cheek. I wiped it away and wrapped my arms around my dads neck.

He put his necklace with the black onyx around my neck and hugged me tighter.

"I love you daddy."

A tear went down my cheek.

"I love you too Kell." He pushed me towards my silently crying mother.