Chapter8

There is a mask covering the sky

not letting in shine from above us

not letting the light glow

that mask is different

from what we cover

ourselves with

Instead the mask is glowing lightness

shining out happily to others

behind the mask is darkness

something we hide from others

something we hide from ourselves

*******

He isn't coming back. He doesn't want you. He's found someone better. Someone prettier.

No stop.

You aren't good enough to be with him. Don't kid yourself. He's too good for you. Someone like her fits him perfectly.

Stop!!

I curled up in the back of my mind and covered my ears. Failing to escape the voices.

You are ugly!! Useless!! He never liked you!! He just used you!! Why wouldn't he kiss her!!

Stop please!!

"Keller?!?"

Don't think he wants you.

"Keller!?!"

He doesn't want you.

"Keller wake up!?!"

You aren't worthy of him.

I jolted awake and scooted backwards into the bed covering my head with my arms.

"Keller, Mon amour, we need you to look at us."

When I heard his name for me I snapped my head up and glared at him.

He looked shocked and hurt at my glare. I looked around the rest of the room to see her.

Jasmine.

I glared at her and him.

I didn't want to be in here. He brought her here.

I held back the tears that threatened to spill over and got up.

I was wobbly at first and when he tried to grab me I ripped myself away from him and glared daggers at him.

He backed away and let me be.

I walked out of the hospital type room ignoring the calls of the nurse and went up to my room.

I sat down and locked the door. I knew that wasn't enough so I made a barrier around the door that no one could come into unless I say they could.

I took a shower and cried for everything. The boyfriend that I loved that never loved me back. The dad that I lost among my home. My broken mother and aunts. My broken best friend.

My self pity.

I cried.

I got out of the shower and dried myself off and put on underwear a pair of plaid pyjama pants and a tank top.

I sat against the headboard of my bed and wrapped my arms around my legs and put my head on my knees.

I cried even more.