Chapter 6 - The Edmonds

Back to Ella's pov

"Ella? We're here," Carter whispered, pulling the car over to the side of the road, "Ella?" I stirred, not hearing what he said exactly. I felt cold hands on my thigh, and my eyes fluttered open.

"Carter," I said sleepily, smiling at him.

"Ella," he replied.

"Are we there?"

"What? Oh um ye-"

"What is it?"

"The hotel I used to stay at with my mom. I just uh, wanted to show you where I grew up. We don't have to go in, we could leave if you want. I just wanted you to see it, then we can go," he said, his face growing a deep shade of pink.

"Carter I want to stay here," I said, putting my hand over his that was resting on my thigh.

"Okay, um, well let's get going," he said. He climbed out of the car and came around to my side.

"Ella, you're tangled in the seat belt! How do you do this? Ella-"

"I can get out," I said, "I think."

"How do you even do this," he said under his breath. I giggled and tried to squeeze out from under the belt across my chest.

"Move this way," he said, pointing closer to his chest.

"Yes sir," I replied. He pulled the belt across my chest and over my head.

"Okay, you can get out now," he panted.

"Okay," I replied, unbuckling my seat belt. I climbed out and tripped over the curb. Carter was standing in front of me, and we both fell onto the grass.

"Let's try not to get all bloody when going into a nice hotel," Carter said, getting to his feet and putting a hand out for me.

"Sorry," I murmured.

     "You're apologizing for being clumsy?"

     "Uh yeah, is that bad?"

     Carter chuckled and took my hand in his. Together we walked towards the entrance of the hotel. He sprinted to the door as we got closer, and opened it for me. I giggled at his polite enthusiasm. Carter pulled me in the building and practically ran to the front desk.
     "Carter Edmonds. Suit room," Carter said to the man behind the counter. He was neatly kept, his hair brushed back. He had a green button down on, with a name tag that read Chad. He busied himself on the computer in front of him, and I took the time to study the lobby. The doors that Carter had pulled me through were made of glass with intricate flower designs painted into them. The walls were a pale blue-gray with white trim. Various paintings hung throughout the room, mostly abstract shapes with random colors. There were plush couches scattered around a center coffee table that seemed to be made entirely of glass.  A chandelier hung from the center of the lobby. A staircase rested behind the sign-in desk. An elevator stood at the left of the staircase, while a door was oddly placed to the right.
     "Room 379 on the third floor. Enjoy your stay Mr and Ms Edmonds," Chad said, waving us off. As we walked away I smacked Carter on the arm.
     "Ow! What was that for?" He began rubbing his arm, where a bruise would no doubt appear by morning.
     "Ms. Edmonds?"
     "So, I had a little fun while you were sleeping. What do you want from me?"
     "Mocha hot chocolate with marshmallows please," I replied, smirking at him.
     "Okay okay I'm sorry."
     "I was serious though, does that mean I don't get any hot chocolate?"