Sherlock x Reader | Proposal

Description: You and Sherlock have been dating for years, and he finally decides that it's time for a new title.
Warnings: Fluff, Swearing,
Word Count: 1165
|||
Flashback start.
I stared out the window of the cab, the traffic wasn't terrible, but it wasn't ideal either. I just wanted to be at the hotel. I finally got to be off from work for long enough to have a proper vacation. Although I am excited to be in London, flying from LA is a long trip.

Luckily I was only around 10 minutes away from the hotel. I was about to lay back and relax, when the cab came to a screeching halt, and I heard a man barely smack into the front bumper.

"Police! Open up!" The man pants. I sit up and feel my heart race, I haven't done anything wrong, I've only been here for maybe an hour.

The man opens up my door and stares at me, panting heavily. He has dark curly hair, a long coat, and a short friend with him. After a moment he straightens, looking defeated.

"No... Teeth, tan. What, Californian?" He mutters. I shake my head, confused as to why I'm not still on my way home, and how he knows that.

"LA, Santa Monica. Just arrived." He pushes out before taking a beep breath in, did they chase the cab?

"How would you possibly know that?" Says the shorter one.

"The luggage!" He replies, still short breathed. I'm still watching these two strangers bicker over God knows what, until he turns to me again.

"Ah, probably your first trip in London, right? Going by your final destination and the route the cabbie was taking you." He says. I decide to finally speak up.

"Sorry, are you guys the police?" I ask.

"Yeah." He says, holding up a badge. "Everything all right?"

"Yeah." I smile.

"Welcome to London." He nods to me before walking off. The shorter, blonde one stays standing before leaning toward me.

"Uh, any problems, just let us know." He shuts the door after and follows the other man.
Flashback end.

I smile at the old memory, as I hold Sherlock's hand in mine and stroll down the street.

"Do you remember this place?" I ask him. He looks at me confused.

"It's where we met!" I say happily. "Remember? Police, open up!" I imitate him, he laughs and pulls me closer to him, stopping and looking at the paved street.

"I remember that, I was so flustered after, realizing I had just made a complete fool of myself in front of the most beautiful woman I have ever laid my eyes on." He says, kissing my cheek.

"I was terrified, I was only in London for an hour and already being stopped by 'the police'." I say, making quotations with my fingers.

"Where did you even get that badge?" I ask.

"Lestrade, I pickpocket him when he's annoying." He says.

"Wow, how many do you have of these, then?"

"An entire box full." He says. I laugh out loud, and lean onto his chest.

"Little did I know what huge impact that little encounter would have on my life." I say.

"Is that good or bad?" Sherlock asks.

"Good, obviously!" I say. We stand together on the pavement, watching the street and playing memories in our minds of the plenty of years we've spent together.

When I met him that day, I thought it was just a mistake on his part, but something in me felt that wasn't the last time I'd see him, and I was right. The next day I bumped into him at a cafe, I asked him to sit with me and explain why I was almost detained. After he told me we just kept talking. By the end of my trip, I didn't want to leave, I spent the entire time with Sherlock and John and it entranced me into this whole new world of freedom and detective work. The action and spirit of the job, I couldn't go back, so I stayed. I moved in with Sherlock, completely leaving my entire life behind, and starting fresh. It was the best Decision of my entire life.

Since then, I've seen Sherlock through his best and worst times. His challenges with Moriarty, the dilemma of Irene Adler and the worst of all, his suicide. I started dating him a few months prior, and when it happened, I broke. John tried to help but it was no use, I became a lump of depression and barely even moved. John was pissed when he came back, but I was over the moon. I remember leaping into his arms, crying and kissing him. He expected a slap or punch like John delivered, but I didn't want to hurt him, I only wanted him for those lonely two years, and now that he was there, I was not going to hesitate on his forgiveness.

"Y/n, there's something I need to tell you." Sherlock says, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"Sure, anything Sherlock."

"For the past years you've been with me, I've noticed many things. Your little habits and your routines, but out of all of them one has stood out the most. You have never been mad at me, Y/n. No matter what you have never raised your hand at me, or yelled or ignored me. Sure we may have bickered sometimes but all couples do. The point is I wanted to try and thank you for staying with me. I say try because I've thought of ways to do this before, and I could never think of a way that was efficient enough to thank you properly for everything. That was until we attended John and Mary's wedding a while back. Watching them that night made me realize something, I want that. I want you to be with me until time says otherwise." He pauses and gets down on one knee, reaching into his coat pocket and taking out a small velvet box. He clicks it open and there's a gorgeous, sparkling ring on the inside. I gasp and wipe the tears that were now falling down my cheeks.

"Please do me the greatest honour of becoming my wife. Marry me, Y/n." He says, smiling up at me.

"Yes! Yes! A thousand times yes!" I say, lunging at him and hugging him. I hear a few stray people clap and cheer, before I kiss him and bring him back up to stand. He slips the ring onto my finger and wears one of the biggest smiles I have ever seen on Sherlock Holmes's face.

Leaving my life all those years ago, was, no doubt, the greatest and smartest choice I could have ever made.

|||

Hello!! This was really fucking cute, and it's also my....

1000 READS SPECIAL!!!

Thank you guys so so so much for this many reads, it's insane. I love you all. ❤️

May we meet again.

- SW -

(Update; 2/16/17 - This book will be updated soon, I'm just trying to even out with the parts in my other Imagines books, check them out if you haven't, I have Dan Howell and Supernatural Imagine books!)