Chapter two: who are these people

How to pronounce sairans name.
(Say-Ren)

I have been walking for hours. The sun shon through the leaves of all the trees. After all these hourse of walking there is still no sight of a town but i have caught sight of a camp fire. It looks to be close by.

My footprints didnt show because the once dewy grass covered path was dry from the afternoons sun. The heat is so strong wherever i am... i think i am close to regreting my desision to take the dragons request. Heaven is probably very cold... unless heaven doesnt exist. I wonder what happens when you die.

So you just watch the earth go one? Or do you just show up in another galaxy? Or does your lifes choices determin wether you burn in hell or dance in heaven? Maybe you just drift among the stars... or you're reborn.

I wonder if the light everyone says happens is just us being pushed from another– okay. Enough of that.

Another ray of sun caught me in the eye so i lifted my hand to block its blinding light. I sighed in relief when a cloud moved in the way of the suns torture.

I looked through the leaves at the fluffy cloud. It looked a little like a screwdriver. Or maybe a wrench... why do i keep thinking of tools. And now im thinking of a quote i read a couple monthes back about clouds... it was a funny quote.

The quote said "i wonder if clouds ever look down on us and think 'hey, that ones shaped like an idiot'". I giggled softly, catching the attention of nearby birds. Their colorful wings snapped into action as they flew from their pirches, chirping in irritation.

I wonder if birds ever feel like they are being watched, especially when they have their pictures taken. Or when they are peing painted.

My thaughts were interupted by laughter. Is-is it people?

I rushed foreward to the sounds of laughter. Even if its bandits, its people, right?

A clearing full of people came to view and i slowed down so i wouldnt make any sound, slowly keeping my hands steady if i need my weapons. Hopefully i won't .

I crept foreward to observe the people in the clearing. What if they speak another language? What if they speak some sort of ancient language... or french, or german? Im thinking into this too much.

3 people sat around a fire in the middle of the clearing. One had red hair, violet eyes and a long, hooded cloak. She sat with an empty bowl on her lap smiling at something another said.

The second one sitting in the clearing had hair so dark it was a bit blue. He had dark blue eyes and a scary expression... even when he is grinning. Maybe i should turn back now, i dont exactly want to fight someone from here.

The last one by the fire was stiring a large pot. He had crystal blue eyes and orange-blond hair. He seemed to be the youngest of the group.

Standing againts a tree was a green haired man with drooping eyes. My first thaught of him? He is damn straight a pervert, one that is persistent. You can see it in his posture. I have met many like him in my time.

The green haired man was poking another man with white hair. The guy also has brigt blue eyes and... A GIANT CLAW!! Okay, i think i should leave.

These guys must be really strong. Maybe it would be good to have them as allies though... yeah, i think its best to talk to them. After i finish observing of course.

A yellow haired guy sat against a tree, laughing as the white haired guy started brushing his back yelling about bugs. His eyes were closed from laughing so i cant see what color they are.

The last of the group sat away from everyone else and he was looking at the fire intently. He had a mask on that looked a little like a bulls skull with horns. A small string with two bells hung from one horn. I can sense power from everyone of these people.

Maybe its good i came here if i can make ally's like this. Dad would kill for people with this power fighting for canada.

I was going to step into the clearing but it felt like something dangerouse would happen if i do. Would they attack me? After all, i am just some strange person wearing strange clothing. I probably look like im going to attack them with the gun at my hip. Or do they have guns?

Maybe i could come back later... or never...

A dangerouse presence made itself known from behind me. I looked at the clearing to see one person missing. Great, just great. Now im going to die another death.

"Who are you?" A deep voice asked from behind me. Me? Why would he ask that? Why doesnt he just kill me flat out? He seems to want to do that. Or is it because im a girl? Nah, he didn't look likt that kind of person. Does he want to talk and get information first? Okay, now im acting like im still in the army.

"I am called sairan," i said. Now i know they speak english.

"What are you doing here? Are you sent to fight us?" Another askes walking up. He had white hair and a large hand. What is he? Is it healing after an injury or something? Nah, it wouldnt be that big. Plus he has scales. Mutant?

"Why would i fight you? You're way stronger than me. Mama always said not to fight a fight you can't win," i state with my index finger pointed up. If i play my cards right i can probably get away.

"And who might you people be?" I ask with confident. No need to show im shaking in my boots. "Its rude to ask someone their name before giving your own."

"Im yona," the girl from the fire stated. Only then I realized every one of the people at the fire were standing around me.

"Im kija," the white haired man said. He held his right arm with a blush. What he blushing about? Does he find something amusing?

"Im zeno." I looked at the blond guy. He seemed to be the most cheerful of the group. He reminds me a bit of harry, a comander in the army like me. We had been friends for a very long time. We were in diapers by the time we met.

"Im jaeha, sweets," the one i know for sure now is definitely a pervert stated. His droopy eyes... did nothing for his looks. Absolutely nothing.

"Droopy eyes, pay attention," the dark haired guy asked. "She could be someone soowon sent after us."

"Yeah, she could be an assassin," the one with orange hair said worriedly.

"And so i will ask again," the guy said. "Who are you?" His voice went low and dangerouse.