Chapter 3: a decision to make

Who are these people? Thats all i want to know. Do they want to kill me? Most probably. Do they think i want to kill them? Most definetly. Do i infact want to kill them? Absolutly not. Am i scared out of my mind? That one is a definite yes.

***

As of right now i am tied to a tree. I had refused to answere the persons question about who i was. Stupid of me, i know right?

Now i am just siting here, palming the stone i still somehow had in my hand. I could not see the hypnotic colors but i felt a strange sense of power coming from it. It was like i was conected to it in a way i did not understand.

Why did the dragon give the stone to me? Did,it have something to do with the reincarnation thing? No. It must be something else, something having to do with this time, these people.

I could sense power coming from all of them except the one cooking at a fire. He would definetly be the weakest of their group although he is strong in his own sense. He must be the smarts of the group.

From what i have gathered the one with red hair is their leader. The way they acted around her, especially the one with the spear, said they followed her for a reason... but why? At first glance she seems to be a weakling. She looked innocent but something about her also made me want to follow her, to help her with whatever journey she was leading.

Strange right? Im sure if kai was here he would be gushing about how this seems like a fairytale and that someone with a thiefs mask will save us from harm, acting all galiant in shining armour. I would have to break it to him that this isn't one of my fairytales. This is real life and no one will save you from your own problems and mistakes.

"Here." I looked up from the ground i stared at to see the girl with red hair holding out a bowl of soup. It smelled so good. I would have grabbed it from her if it weren't for me being tied to a tree. And the fact it could be poisoned for all i know.

"Princess, leave her be. She can't eat until she tells us who she is." I glared at the man with black hair.

"I told you," i mumbled. "My name is sairan."

I heard the sound of metal before something came flying at me fast. The wind blew my hair behind me against the tree. I lifted my head just in time to avoid a sword to my neck. It would have been a direct blow.

"... whats in.. your hand..." the blue haired man with the mask asked. I followed the sword and he was the one holding it.

"A rock." I said. Its true though. It is a rock. Although to them it might be more than that if my suspicions were right.

"Its more than a rock. I sense power from it," the one named jaeha stated.

"I got the rock from a special person..." i trailed off not knowing what to say. Was the dragon special? I mean, i only knew him— or her, but thats unlikely— for a brief moment.

"What do you mean?" The white haired man asked. I am pretty sure his name was kija. "Well, now that you mention it, there is something strange about it, and her." I coughed, drawing their attention.

"Umm..."

"Just let her go, guys. I-i feel like she means us no harm. She seems a bit scared too." We all turned to the red haired girl, yona, giving quizzical stares. Even me, the one who she was defending.

"Princess, we cant be too trusting. The king could be after us or even the fire tribe soldiers. She could be a spy or assassin sent by either." I glared at the black haired man saying this. Im sure they called him hak, or something like that.

"But kija said there was something about her." I stared at the girl, amazed, when flowers suddenly surounded her. "Besides, i need some other girls to talk to." I almost laughed. Im in a life and death situation and she asked me to stay so she gest some girl time? Is my life really that worthless?

The real question thats been bugging me this whole time. Did that dragon make a mistake?

.........WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? Do you like the chapter?