♥ 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐮𝐛𝐛𝐥𝐞𝐫 ♥

Arya was woken up by her phone buzzing loudly. She rolled off her bed and army crawled to her dresser to see the most clumsy girl on earth calling her at the ungodly hour of 7 in the morning.... Marinette was calling her. With a yawn and a groan, she picked up the FaceTime reluctantly. 

"Mari?" She asked in her tired, gravelly voice. "What's up?"

"It's ADRIEN'S BIRTHDAY!!!" Marinette squealed. Arya winced and twirled her pinkie through her ear to clear the ringing. 

"Ok, woohoo, pretty boy's b-day. I'm so excited," She muttered, not meaning to sound rude. She was just really tired. "What's your gift again?"

"A scarf." Marinette sighed dreamily. "I hope he likes it."

"And how do you plan on giving it to him?" Arya asked. Mari was silent and Arya laughed. 

"Kidding. I'll be there with Alya soon." She hung up and sighed. Niix floated in front of her face, a grey wolf kwami with white tufts of fur and gleaming blue eyes. 

"Arya?" She asked. "Are you ok?" 

Arya sighed again and nodded, rolling onto her back and sitting up. Her light brown hair fell in a mess over her face as she rubbed her eyes.

"Niix, I'm fine, really I am. I'm just tired, that's all." She stood up and checked her laptop. 7:45. She blinked and tried to get her thoughts straight before they struck her.

"I'm gonna be late!" She cried out, rushing to her bathroom.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Arya ran out of her family's shop, stuffing taffies in her bag with a lemon zest protein bar in her mouth, unwrapped halfway. Once her bag was securely carrying its contents, she took the protein bar in my hands and bit off a piece, chewing as she slowed to a stop. She soon reached the school and saw Marinette and Alya behind a wall, Mari holding a blue box with a pink ribbon. That was no doubt where her gift was. Arya walked up to them and kneeled down in front of them. 

"Come one girl, you can do it. You can do it!" Alya cheered. 

"I can do it. I can do it!" Mari said confidently. She stood up, spotted Adrien, then shrunk back to the ground. "I can't do it. I can't do it!" Arya sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Mari." She said firmly. "If you want him to notice you and if you want to become friends with him, then you will give him that gift. You can do it if you actually put your mind to it. So get out there," she grabbed Mari's shoulders and lifted her up. "And give him that scarf!" 

Arya pushed Mari into the open where she nearly face-planted in front of Adrien and Nino, who was holding a jar of bubbles. She realized that they were staring and stood up straight. 

"Uh.. H-hi." She said with a small wave. 

"Hi." Adrien mirrored her wave with a friendly smile, having absolutely no idea what was going on.

"Uh, I, uh I know it's your birthday and I just wanted to give you... Give you my lo-! Um, my gift!" She handed the box to Adrien, her head bowed in embarrassment and fear.  Arya held her breath. If Adrien so much as said a rude word to Marinette, she wouldn't hesitate to jump over the wall and give him a piece of her mind. 

Adrien and Nino exchanged glances before Adrien accepted the present. He unwrapped it and his face lit up when he saw the scarf. 

"Wow did you make this yourself?" He asked, putting it around his neck. Mari lifted her head and nodded with a large smile on her face. 

"It's amazing. You've got talent." Adrien smiled at the blushing Mari. "Thank you so much." He and Nino walked away. Alya and Arya jogged up to Mari. 

"Great job girl!" Alya exclaimed giving Mari a bear hug. "You could see the steam coming from Chloe's ears." We looked at the fuming brat who angrily stalked away with poor Sabrina close behind and laughed. 

"Yeah, you got the courage to give Adrien a gift and make Chloe jealous," Arya beamed.

"Thanks to you Arya," Mari said. "I appreciate the pep talk." 

Arya was about to respond when her phone beeped. She checked it.