Chapter 8

It had been nearly a week since Brooke and Alex had gotten together, but they haven’t really had any time to themselves. She had been busy with her photographer, while he was too occupied with his band. During the time in which they could see each other, Alex was too tired to function, which was understandable, so every night they would lay in his bunk until he had drifted off to sleep. Soon enough, there came a space of two days in which they had a break from playing. Of course, they were on the road the entire time, so there wasn’t much to do. They made it work, however, any opportunity they had to spend time together, they took without hesitation. Since Jack was still asleep, Alex and Brooke had claimed the couch as well as the television, flicking through the channel until she had recognized an episode of Doctor Who. Alex had never seen it before, surprisingly, due to his huge obsession with space and all of its inhabitants. After a short while, the look on Alex’s face was nothing short of amazement and interest, which caused the girl to chuckle under her breath in amusement.  

After a couple episodes of the show, Jack emerged from the bunks and ran a hand through his now flattened hair. He groaned softly and literally threw himself on the couch beside them, sprawling out on their laps. “What are we watching?” He asked, his voice laced with apparent sleepiness.

“Doctor Who.” Alex was the one to reply.

The taller man groaned again, “Sounds boring..” He murmured, causing Brooke to roll her eyes a bit. Within seconds, Jack had fallen asleep yet again--still stretched out across their laps. Alex bit his lip and pushed the skunk haired man completely off of him, causing him to fall off onto the floor. Surprisingly, that wasn’t even enough to wake him. Brooke laughed and prodded him with her foot, before lifting it up and bringing her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around them. She focused her attention on the man next to her when he began poking her in the arm. With an eyebrow raised, she rolled her eyes yet again.

“Yes?” She asked, tilting her head to the side.

“Are you hungry?” He asked, now stroking her arm instead of poking it. After a short while, he moved his hand away completely and proceeded to wrap it around her waist, pulling her a bit closer to him.

She shrugged a bit and shook her head, “I’ll be good for now, but thanks for offering.” She gave him a small smile, resting her head on his shoulder. He began stroking her hair absentmindedly, nodding a bit. He kissed the top of her head and continued his way down; placing gentle kisses down her forehead, temple, and cheek, slowly leaving a trail until he reached her lips. He placed a finger under her chin and tilted it over in his direction, kissing her softly. She smiled against his lips and kissed him back just as gently, moving her arms so that they were securely wrapped around his neck. Ever since the time that they had actually kissed, Alex had gotten a lot more gentle, realizing that he was moving way too fast with their developing relationship, and Brooke appreciated that greatly; she had bad experiences with rushed relationships, knowing that they always end up with someone doing something that they didn’t quite want to do. She was usually that person. It was routine; they would get together, go out for a couple weeks, have sex, and then she was dropped to the curb before she could get attached to the other. The fact that Alex was different than that, allowed her to have massive amounts of faith and trust in him.

Brooke pulled away from him after a short while and rested her forehead against his, staring into his eyes and smiling once again. He kept his arms around her and kissed the top of her head gently, tracing small patterns into her back through her shirt.

“You really are beautiful, you know that?” He murmured softly, kissing her cheek. She blushed at that, biting her lip. She knew that arguing with him would get her no where, so she simply shrugged and kissed his cheek in return.

“You’re adorable.” She hummed happily. “What did I ever do to deserve someone as great as you?” She murmured shortly after.

Alex shrugged, “If anything, I don’t deserve you, B.” She sighed and shook her head, but left it at that. As much as he told her otherwise, she would always believe that she, in fact, didn’t deserve him, and that he could do much better than her.

“Lex?”

“Hmm?”

“What happens to use after this tour? I mean, you’ll be going back to Baltimore and then you’ll be back on tour eventually, while I’ll be all the way in California. That’s across the country, Lex. We wouldn’t be able to see each other.” Brooke frowned.

Alex sighed softly and squeezed her waist gently, kissing her cheek gently. “Don’t worry, B. Distance is just a number, and I will not let it stand between us. Every time we tour, I’ll make sure to get you a backstage ticket to our show, so we can see each other. We’ll Skype every day. That might not be enough, but I’ll have to make due until we take a longer break from touring, I’ll fly you out to Baltimore.” He smiled. “We will make this work.” He promised.

She smiled slightly and nodded, “Okay, okay. I believe you.” She smiled back. nuzzling his neck gently and shutting her eyes. Alex raised an eyebrow slightly,

“Are you still tired?” He asked, stroking her hair back. She shrugged slightly and shook her head, “A little bit, but I’ll be fine with a little coffee.” She half-smiled.

He jumped up at that, “I’ll go make you some, then!” He exclaimed, before running off to the kitchen. Brooke rolled her eyes and laughed, watching as he disappeared before looking back down at Jack. He stirred ever-so-slightly, as if he was going to wake up, but it was proven incorrect when his snoring grew exceedingly loud. Brooke groaned and got up to her feet fairly quickly, stepping over his sleeping frame before joining Alex in the kitchen, careful not to make a sound. She crept up behind him with a smirk on her face, as she wrapped her arms around him from behind.

Alex jumped in surprise and quickly spun around to face her, letting out a sigh of relief. “God, you scared me.” He breathed, laughing under his breath. She leant up and kissed him gently, rolling her eyes.

“That’s what I was going for.” She murmured against his lips. 

“You’re just full of surprises, aren’t you, B?” He murmured, kissing her back. 

“You bet.”
---
A/N: 
Dedication goes toooo Janasaurus. c: <3