Hurt Again

Yoongi's POV:
She was hurt. I could tell from her face that she was hurt. But I couldn't tell her the truth. The truth will only cause us to get closer and in the end it will be the reason to make me hurt. And I couldn't get hurt, not again.

Author's POV:

7 Years Ago: Flashback

"Yoongi oppa!!" she came running towards him.

"You're here?" Yoongi wrapped his hands around her.

"Did I keep you waiting for too long, oppa?" she pouted.

"No. And even if you did, I'll do anything for my princess."

"Oppa, you're the best!!" Her face became bright.
He suddenly pecked at her lips.

"Yaa, oppa!"
"What, was that too short? Let me make it up too you." Yoongi said and pressed his lips against hers.

She didn't reject this time and let him have his moment.

"Hey, I love you, you know that?"

"I love you too, oppa!"
"Oppa, I gotta go today, I have piano lessons."

"Okay, I'll walk you."

"Let's go" She said as she linked her arms with him.

He was walking home after walking Sohee to her piano class. Thinking of her made him happy. Finally he had found someone, he felt like he can rely on. She gave him a feeling of warmth. He smiled thinking of her.

Suddenly it started raining. He ran the nearest payphone booth only to see a couple making out.

Is that...

"Yaa, Yoon Sohee!!" He screamed before he knew that he did.

Sohee and the other guy came out of the booth.

"Yoon Sohee, what is all this?!!" his voice was filled with anger.

"Oppa, I can explain."

"How do you explain kissing another guy when you're with me?!?"

"Oppa, listen..."

"Just answer my question, why did you do this?"

"Fine!" Her tone had changed. "You wanna know? I was getting bored of you. Our relationship was a casual thing, but you took it too seriously. I never wanna get attached, but that seems to be your plan for us! And if you wanna break up, do it. I was gonna dump you anyway!"

He couldn't believe what he had heard. He slowly turn around and walked away. He didn't wanna see her face again. He didn't wanna hear her voice. He didn't wanna be her toy anymore.
Flashback Over.

He was hurt that day. He went through unbearable pain. He didn't wanna go through that pain again. He couldn't. That's why he couldn't get hurt again.

___________________________________________

*Momo from Twice as Yoon Sohee.