Chapter Five

'This is Asahi Azumane, my boyfriend.'
What I had meant to say escaped me at that moment, but I was pretty sure that that was not it. I'm not gay, well I've never really thought about it to be honest, but I was pretty sure that I wasn't gay.

Anyway, my surrounding family was pretty shocked at what I'd just said;  Asahi himself was just standing frozen.

"... you have a boyfriend Yū?" It was Sasha who broke the silence, and Sasha who stood up to face me.

"Y-yes?" shit

"A BoYYYYfriend?"

"It seems so, I haven't checked yet to be honest but we do play Volleyball together so we change in the same changing rooms and so I'm guessing so."

"So...?"

This time it was Charlotte who cut in, slicing the crazy tension.

"NEW ONII-CHAN?????" She jumped up and ran at Asahi, and thankfully he's a cuddly teddy bear because big boy over here just scooped her up and gave her a little twirl. Despite the fact I just declared my fake undying love for him. Nice.

"so um yeah I'm leaving, I mean we're leaving and uh yeah bye." I grabbed Asahi by the hand and dragged him out the house, but not before shouting,

"We're taking Charlotte too!"

seeing as she wouldn't let go of her new 'onii-chan'.

...

"Noya, what just happened?" I looked up at Asahi, only to see him craning his neck to look down at me.

"Wel- I- ahh I'm so sorry Asahi-san. I didn't know what to say! They were going to make me go out with some random person tonight and then you appeared and I didn't even think before speaking I am so sorry!" Though I'm not usually someone who stammers, I suppose it was fitting for me to in that situation.

Asahi didn't say anything for a while, even with Charlotte now on his back playing with his hair, he still said nothing. We walked in silence until we reached a local playground where he just sat down on a bench and let Charlotte go off and play on the equipment. I sat beside him for a while too, wondering if I should say something or just let him absorb what had just happened.

I decided on the latter, after all if I had struck up a conversation, what would there be to say? But then Asahi did speak, and what he said was,

"So, you like boys huh?" The worst part wasn't that he had just assumed I was into guys when I'm not, but it was that when I looked up at him startled, he was smirking down at me.

"Eh? W-what no." Shit why am I so flustered?

"You don't have to hide it from me, Noya. You should have said sooner!" He teased, pinching my cheeks.

"Asahi-san stooop! I like girls."

"You can like both y'know."

"Eh? Oh Oh well I don't okay!" I said pushing him away from me slightly.

"Hmm I don't believe you Noya! I'm telling the others."

"Ehhhhh Asahiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii?"

Then he laughed, a sweet deep hearted laugh and told me,

"It's okay Nishinoya. You don't have to hide from me anymore"

I couldn't tell if he was joking or not as he walked away towards my younger sister, though I hadn't really minded if he thought I wasn't what I claimed to be.

~

SORRY FOR THIS SHORT ASS CHAPTER AND SORRY FOR TAKING MONTHS TO POST BUT EVERYTHING IS LITERALLY SO CHAOTIC RN AND I HAVE NO TIME TO POST OR DO ANYTHING REALLY. FORGIVE ME

- 21/05/17