Chapter 3

Lauren is sitting in Ms Cabello's living room, she can hear her walking around in the kitchen talking on the phone. Lauren couldn't help but wonder what Ms Cabello wanted, and who the hell is she talking to? Lauren didn't need to wonder much longer because Ms Cabello was done on the phone, she is walking with loud steps right towards Lauren.

"Am I in trouble?" Lauren says calmly, staring down at the floor.

"Yes and no, look at me" Ms Cabello says with a stern voice

Lauren looks up, what meets her eyes catches her off guard. Ms Cabello with tears forming in her eyes, and a sad look on her beautiful face.

"I'm sorry.." Lauren stutters.

"For what? I'm the one who should say sorry" I'm sorry I was so harsh, for being so loud."

"I'm sorry for making you skip your first day, and having to drag me out of that classroom."

"Let's not talk about this right now, you should rest a bit, I'll call your dad and let him know."

"Please, no!" Lauren almost yells. Ms Cabello has a look of surprise. "I mean..Ehm.. I'll do it" Lauren smiles nervously.

"Yes, okay. I'll go make a bed ready." Ms Cabello smiles, Lauren can tell she is worried.

Lauren knows she's in deep shit. There is no way she can call her dad, and he'll let her stay. Even if he does let her stay she will for sure feel his anger when she comes home. Maybe she should just tell Ms Cabello about her father, but the thought is put way as fast as it came up. She looks down on her phone, and starts texting her father. "Not coming home, don't wait for me" She could write a nice message and hope he wouldn't be mad, but she decides there is no point.

5 minutes later and a text from her dad appears. "Get home..Now" Just looking at it makes Lauren feel slightly scared, but there's no backing down now. She's staying with Ms Cabello. Talk about the devil, Ms Cabello appears with a pillow. "I'll follow you to the room"

Lauren just nods her head in approval, she follows Ms Cabello up to the second floor and into a small room with a bed and some other furnitures.

"We'll talk in a few hours, sleep well." Ms Cabello smiles and goes back down.

Lauren has no idea why Ms Cabello decided to bring her to her house, it's not everyday a teacher does that for a student. Without thinking to much about it, Lauren looks down at her arm. Maybe just a few cuts? She smiles wickedly at her own destruction, before getting her scissors out of her bag. She falls asleep on the bed, not knowing how deep she really cut.

-Alex