Chapter 7

Camila's pov:

As I am walking down the street I notice a girl laying down at a bench. I start walking towards the bench, that's when I notice it is Lauren. I start shaking her and yelling at her to wake up. She doesn't move and I'm afraid, afraid that Lauren is dead. She will be dead and her own father probably won't even care. I start crying but once I do, Lauren wakes up.

She looks at me with tired eyes. "Hey Ms Cabello." She says as she closes her eyes again. I start crying even more, why do I care so much? I just met her, but something about her just makes my heart ache.  

I decide to try and lift her up, she's not heavy at all, in fact she's rather small. That makes me wonder, does she at enough? I want to ask her about it, but I know that this is not the time. "Lauren, I'm going to bring you to my place. Is that okay?" I say as gently as I can while carrying her bridal style trough the park. "Sure Ms C. Whatever you want." She smiles weakly at me. 

After walking for about 20 minutes I start getting really tired, but I know I can't stop now. I need to get Lauren inside, she's really cold. It's only 5 minutes left as well. When I finally arrive home I feel a sense of victory, I made it. I saved her, at least I saved her tonight, tomorrow is still a mystery. I lay Lauren down at the couch and the decide to go make the bed ready, but before I can walk away I hear Lauren trying to say something. "What it it?" I say sitting down next to her.

"Can I sleep with you tonight? Please." She says looking at me. She looks scared, and I know I can't say no. "Sure, Lauren. Do you want something do eat? You must be pretty hungry." I ask her hoping she will accept. The longer I am with Lauren the more worried I get. She self harms, she's so little, she's so vulnerable. "No. I'm not hungry, just tired. Can we go sleep?" I look into her eyes and I can see them begging me to say yes, so I do. I decide to pick her up again and I carry her into my room. I open my wardrobe looking to see if I can find some pyjamas so that Lauren can get out of her hospital clothes. I find my favorite one's, they are blue with banana prints on them. "Here you go, put them on and I'll wait outside." I throw the clothes at her. She just looks at me, before closing her eyes, ignoring what I just told her. "Come on Lauren, you can't sleep in that. You are freezing, please but on the clothes I gave you?" She opens her eyes for a second, but then she closes them again. That girl never seems to listen, maybe I have to be more strict? It's for her own wellbeing, I don't want her getting sick as well. Ugh, why does she make me doubt everything, I have no idea what is ok and what is over the line. 

"Lauren." I say sternly. She doesn't even open her eyes to look at me, she just mumbles something I can't really understand. "Lauren, either you get your ass into those pyjamas or I am going to do it for you." I say with as much authority as I can manage. Inside however, I am super nervous. What if this only makes her mad, or even worse, makes her hate me. She sits up and stares at me with shocked eyes. "You wouldn't." We are having a bit of a staring match, before I start moving towards her. "What are you doing?" She says getting nervous. "I am going to dress you, since apparently you can't do it yourself." I say matter of factly. "Wait a second." She appears to be thinking. She slowly gets up and starts undressing. I turn around and then exit the bedroom. I smile to myself, it worked. I don't know why. but I liked the feeling when Lauren listened. I wonder how she must feel, probably a bit weirded out. I know I would feel weird, and confused about teacher telling me to get dressed. However, I think it's safe to say we don't have the most normal relationship. After all, I met her in a bar.  I knock on the door. "Are you done?" I can her Lauren moving inside the bedroom. I open the door and see Lauren laying under the sheets with my banana pyjamas. "Are you happy, Ms C." She smiles weakly.  I am happy, very happy, but I can't tell her that, it will only make me seem like a creep. I smile at her before going into the bathroom to get ready. When I get back into the bathroom Lauren is already sleeping.

Tomorrow is going to be an interesting day.

If you like this story, please vote and comment. There is no point in me writing it if nobody really cares, Right? :)