Chapter 5

"I think you should leave." Ms Cabello says with a calm voice, trying not to give away how angry she is. "What? Who the hell are you? Are you another one of Lauren's slutty friends?" The man yells at Ms Cabello, she seems unfazed. Lauren is getting worried, what if her dad beats up her new teacher as well? She knows they just met, but she can't help but feel drawn to the older woman, there's something special about her, that's for sure.

"No. I'm Lauren's new teacher. I teach Spanish and History." Ms Cabello simply states. Lauren's father still seems angry, but Lauren can tell he is trying to calm down. He doesn't want the school to stick their noises into his family life. "Thank you for taking care of my daughter, I think you should leave now." Ms Cabello doesn't want to leave Lauren, but what choice does she have? She can't force her father out the door, that's for sure. She needs to contact the police and let the know what's going on, except she doesn't know exactly what's going on, only that Lauren is getting beat up and that she can't live like that. Ms Cabello nods her head towards the angry man, before looking at Lauren and mouthing the words "It will be okay, I promise."

Lauren looks down, scared to get eye contact with her angry father. She want's to believe Ms Cabello, but she's afraid whatever it is she's planning to do it won't work. Lauren smiles towards her new teacher who exists the hospital room. She can feel the atmosphere changing, her father isn't angry, he is furious.

"What the actual fuck, Lauren? How am I supposed to explain to my co-workers that my perfect little daughter is a weak self harm girl who can't do anything right? That I had to take a day off from work to come here and look at you? Do you not want us to have a house to come back to? That's what's going to happen if I can't work. What the hell were you thinking anyways? That you could kill yourself? You're not right in the head." Her father doesn't yell, he doesn't need hospital staff interfering with his speech. Lauren has tears in her eyes, she doesn't want to cry, not in front of her hateful father, but she can't help it. She's crying, and as the tears fall down her cheeks she can hear a wicked laughter run trough the room, her father is amused.

"I'll be back tomorrow to pick you up, don't do anything stupid or I'll beat you to death." Her father says staring at Lauren, he leaves the hospital room leaving Lauren to herself. Lauren is about to start crying again, when tomorrow comes so does hell.