Chapter 6.1 (Edited)

The end of the school day had arrived, and I was walking out to the car park when I felt a pair of hands cover my eyes.

I stopped."Guess who?" A familiar voice asked.

"Erm... Let me guess, does your name begin with N?"

"Yes," he said.

"Is it Nick?"

"Yep," he answered, then came to stand beside me.

"Where's your sister?" I asked him.

"I don't know," he replied.

"Don't you go home with her?"

"Yeah. Are you off outside?" He asked me.

"Yeah, my mum should be here soon."

"Alright, ladies first, then." I walked out, and he followed me.

"Why is it always ladies first?" I asked, not wanting an answer, but he answered anyway.

"I'm not too sure, to be honest. I guess it's just polite and gentlemanly."

"Your sister doesn't like me, does she?"

"She doesn't like anyone. I wouldn't take it personally."

Someone barged past us, knocking me into Nick. My head hit his shoulder. "What's wrong with saying excuse me?" I said, annoyed.

"Some people don't have manners. Are you okay?" He turned to me. His eyes were almost yellow. Eyes couldn't change colour to yellow. No one's eyes were that colour; it was unnatural.

"What's wrong?" He asked me, worried.

"Erm. Nothing," I mumbled.

"Is it my eyes? They've changed colour, haven't they?" I nodded. He sighed and looked down at the floor. "I'm sorry if I freaked you out. They change colour when I get angry. It's because they pushed you. I'm sorry."

"It's fine," I said. He looked back at me. His eyes were back to normal. Back to his stunning green eyes.

"No, but it's not fine. I need to control my anger. No one should see my eyes change colour."

"Right, of course, because yellow isn't a normal colour," I said.

"Exactly. They'll know I'm not like them."

"You mean because you're a vampire?" I whispered.

"Wait, you know what I am? How did you find out?" he whispered back.

"My mum's best friend told me last night when my mum and I went to her house. We went so that I could find out more about my powers as a witch," I replied.

"Ah, that makes sense. I should have known that you would have found out about me by now."

"It's like Twilight, with eyes that change colour," I joked.

"It is nothing like twilight."

"I know you don't sparkle in the sunlight. Well, I hope not." It's not that I had anything against Twilight by Stephanie Meyer, but vampires shouldn't sparkle.

"I don't sparkle in the sunlight," he said and laughed. It was the first time I had heard him laugh, and he had a nice one. It was those types of laughs you couldn't help but smile yourself.

"There you are," someone said from behind us.

"There you are. I have been looking all over for you," Bella said as she approached us. "So you've been chatting with your girlfriend all this time, having me search around the school for you?"