Chapter 1

“Jesy hurry up! You can’t be late for your first day at school” my mum shouted up the stairs. I’ve been dreading this day; the thought of being in a new school makes me sick, having to leave behind all your old friends from your previous school and making new ones.

I kicked my covers off my body as a cool air hit my uncovered skin on my arms and neck and rolling off the bed banging my head on the new wooden floor in the new house.

 It was pretty basic; 3 bedrooms, kitchen, living room, dining room, bathroom and the rest.

“Jessica Elizabeth Chambers what on earth!? You need to stop rolling off the bed or your really going to hurt yourself badly!” my mum said walking into my room.

 “Mum stop panicking I’ll be fine, and for the billionth time its Jesy!” I forced myself up and grabbed a towel to get a shower. I turned the water onto full heat and let the tiny droplets fall onto my body.

*****

Once I’d finished in the shower, I got dressed into my 'smart clothes'.

 I know what you’re probably thinking ‘Why not just wear normal clothes?’ well since it’s my first day of school, mum wants me to make a good impression on the teachers so unfortunately, it's smart wear for the week.

As I walked down the stairs to get breakfast, my idiot little brother came charging up with a plastic sword and shield, you know, like any 4 year old boy would do “Cameron shut up!” he started poking me with his sword so I just brushed past him and carried on  to where I was going.

I saw the clock and noticed that I was going to be late if I didn’t leave now. I wanted to get in early so I could get a mini tour of the school by myself.

 I grabbed a piece of toast and picked up my bag and keys and headed out the door towards school, well at least I think I was going the right way…

*****

I made it into the school for 7:45, I know that’s way too early but I was used to getting up really early. I walked through the gates and it directed me to one of the main halls, I think.

 A huge poster hung of the wall of the school crest and the words ‘Welcome to North Chesterfield Academy’ an Academy, urgh. The word always reminded me of a huge posh school that you had to pay to get into and I couldn’t stand places like that!

I could see a man in his mid 40s walking towards my way in a grey suit with a light blue stripy tie “Excuse me sir do you know the directions towards the Headmasters office please?” oh yeah and another thing, I have to be super polite to teachers to make sure I give them a good impression of me.

 My mum’s this big politeness freak, she thinks that manners have to be used 24/7, I always had to act like a posh child around her and I literally couldn’t stand it. Well I can’t stand much to be honest! And I never acted posh round her, I don’t want to act like someone I’m not.

“I am the headmaster, what would you like help with?” he said with a smile

“Oh, I’m new here and I was told I had to see you?”

“Ah yes, Jesy Chambers is it?” I nodded

“Follow me then please Jesy”

I was glad he didn’t call me ‘Miss. Chambers’ it reminded me of my dad as his name was Chambers, I hated him so much from what he did and tried to do to us. I wanted to take up my mum’s maiden name, Hudson, but we never had the time.